Real silver at AKV studio?

Debbie Jean

DIS Veteran
I guess I might have missed the memo but when I got to my studio at AKV yesterday there were real plates (small), bowls along with expected glasses and mugs.

Got up this morning and found the toaster didn’t work and no plastic utensils. Called down to housekeeping. They not only brought me a brand new out of the box toaster but actual real silverware, brand new with plastic wrap still on... serving for 4! Even includes steak knives, serving spoon and fork!!

Is this new? I was here in August and know for sure it was paper and plastic then. The change to “real” is very welcome and appreciated. :-)

I guess I might have missed the memo but when I got to my studio at AKV yesterday there were real plates (small), bowls along with expected glasses and mugs.

Got up this morning and found the toaster didn’t work and no plastic utensils. Called down to housekeeping. They not only brought me a brand new out of the box toaster but actual real silverware, brand new with plastic wrap still on... serving for 4! Even includes steak knives, serving spoon and fork!!

Is this new? I was here in August and know for sure it was paper and plastic then. The change to “real” is very welcome and appreciated. :-)

Maybe they realized the incongruity of eliminating straws and small shampoo bottles right when they added all the plastic wrapped paper plates and bowls and styrofoam cups at the same time. :sad2:

It’s nothing that’s been announced so hard to say if it’s an actual change or if they ran out of plastic ware.

Frankly, I was just going to go down to The Mara and grab a bunch of plastic utensils but when the toaster wouldn’t work I figured I had to call housekeeping anyway so I asked for a supply.

The real plates and bowls instead of paper was the first surprise. Maybe doing away with paper/plastic is more cost effective?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!