Realistically, what's the best rate we could get at Poly in late August?

CJK

DIS Veteran
We won't have annual passes so we can't use that discount. It has always been our dream to stay there so I thought it may be worth finding out how much we'd likely have to pay. We're already staying at the ASMovies for one week but have 3 more days to play around with. Thanks for your help!

I just checked and the Poly Garden View is 766 including taxes a night w/ ap discount. This is $75 off rack rate. If you do not want to get an AP you can probably get an AAA rate at 15% off the rack rate.

Is that $766 for 3 nights? Sadly, I don't think dh would go for that. :( Maybe we can stay there on our 10th anniversary. Thanks for your help.

If recent trends are any indication, room-only public codes may not be forth-coming, especially with the dining package.

However last Labor Day (during value season) we got a public room only code at the poly for $219/night (this was $80 off rack rate at the time).

I really haven't investigated the packages very much I must admit. :rolleyes: We're doing a grand gathering for the first week (at All Star Movies). Then, the rest of our gang is leaving and we have an additional 3 days to ourselves. We've booked all of our rooms with AAA/CAA discounts. We didn't even look into the dining option because we're only planning 3 sitdown meals (one being the Hoop Dee Doo which is already paid for). Many people in our grand gathering are going for the first time so they said they don't want to waste time at a lot of sitdown meals when there's too many shows/rides/attractions to experience. I figured the dining plan wouldn't be right for us then (and they are planning on eating breakfasts in their room except for one character breakfast).

With this background information, do you think it's worth it for us to look into a package? I know for certain our family won't budge on staying at the All Star Movies. The kids are too excited to stay there. Thanks for any help. Looks like I'm clueless!!! :)

The $766 is for 3 nights.

I would definitely do the dining package. Especially if you are staying at an All Stars resort. You can save so much!!! Go to Disneyworld.co. Price it out with the MYW w/out Dining since that part is free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter