Rebooking two bedroom villa

npatellye

DIS Veteran
Due to concerns about another coronavirus flare up in the fall/winter possibly prohibiting my husband and myself from traveling out of state (we both work for organizations that currently prohibit travel out of state), we’ve opted to cancel our November and January trips in favor of a late August trip. January was supposed to be my younger daughter’s sixth birthday trip. For 4 adults (us plus my MIL and FIL) and 2 kids (girls ages 7 and 5), what would you recommend?

-2 SSR studios
-SSR 2 bedroom standard
-SSR 2 bedroom preferred
-SSR treehouse
-OKW 2 bedroom

I can’t decide and the only 2 bedroom I’ve stayed in was at Kidani, which is already booked.

Last edited:
SSR preferred gives you a better chance of getting a renovated room (currently Congress Park is done)
but Paddock in standard has a better feature pool for younger kids.
SSR studios give you more flexibility if MIL/FIL cancel.
OKW has more room in the living/dining areas. Most OKW villas do not have elevators so that might be a problem.

Thank you!

I’ve booked a two bedroom at OKW. I just have to find out how to request something on the ground floor due to my FIL’s wheelchair. He was planning to bring his scooter from home but we know we can’t get him up the stairs and he cannot manage even half a flight of stairs.

Thank you!

I’ve booked a two bedroom at OKW. I just have to find out how to request something on the ground floor due to my FIL’s wheelchair. He was planning to bring his scooter from home but we know we can’t get him up the stairs and he cannot manage even half a flight of stairs.
If you request ground floor for medical reasons there’s an extremely good chance of getting it.

sounds like you already have a direction, but I would have tried for a HC treehouse

Given your FIL disability, to be sure you can book a HC 2br

You could have requested a room on the first floor, or one of the buildings with an elevator at OKW. They have been very accommodating in that area for us over the years when we've needed it But SSR will meet your needs just fine. I hope your strategy for changing to Aug works out. And since things are totally unpredictable at this point, it's as good of a plan as anyone has! Enjoy your trip.

There must be a little pixie dust out there this morning. We somehow got lucky enough to get a two bedroom at Copper Creek! I’m going to waitlist BLT since it’s almost the same number of points but I’m thrilled to be at CCV.

Last edited:
I know you've found CCV, but I would think seriously about a treehouse (accessible). With a treehouse the kids can get the bunkbed room, ILs the double bed and you the master (or swap if you're really nice). And you still have the K/LR area in the evenings after the kids go to bed. With a 2BR you either need one of the adult couples to sleep on the couch or sneak into the LR while the kids are asleep for snacks or if you hang out together in the studio after they go to bed.

Lots of pros/cons discussions about the isolation of treehouses but the sleeping arrangements are so much better than other options.

Bruce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter