Recent dining reviews from our time in WDW before and after cruise

coast2coastmickey

Mouseketeer
Last week we arrived at MCO EARLY Saturday morning on the 8th (6am) and we were upgraded unexpectedly to club level at the Beach Club! While we loved it, I'd never pay for it. The lounge was cool in that there was always free food but we certainly didn't eat a ton of it. What we did eat was tasty and fresh. After a couple of nights there, we did a 4-night Merrytime cruise on the Disney Dream (AMAZING), after which we landed at the Grand Floridian for a couple nights, returning home early Sunday morning on the 16th.

Here's where we ate at WDW:
12/8:
Breakfast: Club Level Lounge at Beach club: nice continental-ish breakfast with an egg-type offering. More than enough food to get us going after a red-eye flight.
Lunch: Various offerings around world showcase...some sushi, some beer, some tamales, and some other things I can't remember. All super delicious.
Dinner: Biergarten: LOVED it. The food was great, though the buffet lines were a little long, and the show was fun. Would definitely return.

12/9:
Breakfast: A muffin at the lounge, but then a late breakfast at Tusker House. One of the top meals of the trip. Ate there once before and this time seemed even better. Food was over the top tasty and fresh and the characters were great. This is becoming one of our "must dos"
Lunch: none. Just ate some goldfish and such since we had a late breakfast and early dinner this day.
Dinner: Sci-Fi: We loved the atmosphere, never ate here before. Each ordered a different burger and they were both delicious. Also ordered the shrimp dip as an appetizer and a shake for dessert...both super good. Would definitely do this again.

12/10: We did a half day in Epcot again since we were getting on the cruise later and so we just ate in the lounge and grabbed some school bread to go from Norway before hopping on a Disney Cruise line bus from Beach Club.

12/14: Off the boat, arrived at Grand Floridian pretty early 10am, room was already ready, so we dropped off stuff, grabbed some gingerbread (loved it) from one of the gift shops in the Grand, then hopped on the monorail to get to the park and ride some rides.
Lunch: Pecos Bill: Honestly, it's not 100% the greatest and now guac is extra, but it tastes good and makes us happy so we keep returning.
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare: Easily the "worst" dinner of the trip...long delay after ADR, and then when we were seated, no high chairs available for our little one, despite confirming that we needed one when we checked in. Then, the food was just fine. A couple of really tasty offerings (BUTTER CHICKEN) and some other ones that fell flat (FRIED CATFISH). Cinderella's stepsisters were fun, but we ended up waiting 90 minutes for the last one to come over, and only because we were long done with our food and our kid started getting fussy, our server had the character manager bring her over. Cinderella and Prince charming seemed....annoyed? Maybe I was projecting my own feelings being annoyed but they weren't their usual "on point" in terms of character interactions. Probably won't return unless the kid becomes obsessed with princesses in the future, and in that case we'd look at Akershus or something else.

12/15:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace: Simply AMAZING. The food was incredible and I ate my weight in puffed french toast and cheesy potatoes. The characters were super fun, and they are my daughter's favorite so she was just over the moon. We'll probably keep this as a must do until she stops liking Pooh characters.
Lunch: Pecos Bill: Yes, we went again. It was rainy, and we ended up heading this direction since we had Pirates and Jungle Cruise FP, and the smell was so enticing we just had to get some nachos and a fajita plate. Can you tell we're weird and really like this place?
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern: Booked a last minute spot at a prime dinner time. Never even set foot in here before but we were super excited once the food came. It was super delicious. We ate more than enough food and the desserts were ridiculously good, it was a great way to end the trip. Would happily return again.

All in all, a super fun and tasty week, but the cruise was the true highlight for me (won't bore the Dining forum with Cruise stuff).

Sounds like an awesome trip...plus a cruise, how cool.

So funny, we love Pecos Bills too- I get the taco trio a lot and yes miss the free guac!!

We did Crystal Palace for dinner during our last trip- we love it all other than the food so next time we will do breakfast there instead. We loved the atmosphere, the characters, our service was great and our table was by the window so we had a great view of the gorgeously lit castle.

Sci Fi is so much fun, we love it. I am sort of kicking myself that you loved Tusker. I had it booked on the day of DH bday but since he's not adventurous, I cancelled it at the last minute. Oh well, maybe another time.

Yes, thanks for sharing. I was interested in your LTT post as I am eating there Friday and, after all of these years, have never tried it. Looking forward to lunch now for sure.

I discovered Pecos Bills last trip and fell in love with it! It will def be a repeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter