Recommendations for Dinning non Disney

FBandA

How do I get to go back again?
With dinning plan canceled and some of our favorite restaurants closed at the resorts and parks, where else are people eating. Looking for recommendations willing to take Uber. We have always stayed in the Disney bubble but with no park hopping, earlier closers of parks though it would be good to look around the area. Thanks for any ideas!

Wish Disney would allow park hopping for Epcot! That would keep me in the Disney bubble!

By "willing to take Uber", do you mean Uber is willing to take you there and back, or are you talking about UberEats? If that, just put your hotel address into the app and see what comes up. Then choose restaurants with food you like?

I've been thinking about this too. We usually rent a car but have always eaten on property. We also haven't gone w/o the dining plan. My trip is in December. If you venture off property to eat, let us know how it was.

There are several places at the Crossroads (down past Disney Springs hotels). Chevy's is pretty good. Also Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Lobster, McDonalds. Just down 535 from there you have Miller's Ale House, IHOP, Olive Garden. Go the opposite way under I4 and you have Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's, Bahama Breeze, Landry's Seafood House.

We ate at Celebration Town Tavern in the town of Celebration...about 15 to 20 minute drive from the Polynesian. It was so good we ate there 2x! Also recommend Art Smith’s Homecomin’ at Disney Springs.

With dinning plan canceled and some of our favorite restaurants closed at the resorts and parks, where else are people eating. Looking for recommendations willing to take Uber. We have always stayed in the Disney bubble but with no park hopping, earlier closers of parks though it would be good to look around the area. Thanks for any ideas!

Wish Disney would allow park hopping for Epcot! That would keep me in the Disney bubble!
Delmonico's Steak House

We've eaten at Miller's Ale House and Pizzeria Uno and there's a Hash House a Go Go that's closer to Universal that we like as well.
Our trip is in December but I'm conflicted if I want to leave the Disney bubble to eat. We have not gone to any local restaurants to eat - have only done take out at this point to support a few places.

I was thinking that Millers and Uno are probably close enough that we could do take out and eat back at our room but with traffic sometimes it takes longer than you think. We will have our car which makes it easier to do if we choose. I figure we have plenty to time to see how things are going.

I think I mentioned this in another similar thread, but look at Sand Lake Rd. It's called Restaurant Row and has many excellent options. Personally I like Seasons 52.

With the Dining plans canceled visit some of the restaurants that don't accept the dining plan. Or ones that felt like a waste of a dining credit. We had earl of sandwich at DS and went to Poutines. We've had them in the past, but when we have a dining plan we don't go. It's hard to eat anywhere but Wolfgang Pucks with a dining plan, there food is so good!

We never do the dining plan, went last month however many of our favorite restaurants are closed. We did a few that were either new to us or that we hadn’t been to in years and we had great meals! I suggest trying Il Mulino at the Swan if you haven’t been. And there’s always CityWalk or the Universal resort restaurants! There I suggest Antijitos and Cowfish, and if you want something similar to a Disney signature try The Palm at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Thank you for all the ideas with extra time it may be nice to venture out of the Bubble of Disney. Hope some of the favorites might open back up, but like having a plan A B and C.

It's worth venturing out! We're fairly new residents in Disney's backyard. With WDW unavailable we discovered that even without Disney we still love it here. There are countless things to experience within a short drive. Be sure to let us know what you end up trying!

Wine Bar George in DS was delicious and the spacing was very good. There's also a few outdoor dining tables, but they are in the sun - can be hot before 8pm.

I'm a fan of Celebration Town Tavern, and there are a couple of other Celebration restaurants that look interesting, like Columbia.

If you can't make it to Epcot for Morocco, maybe give this place a shot on I-Drive:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34515-d7837424-Reviews-Merguez-Orlando_Florida.html

Disney Springs, of course, is the easiest option where you could still use "bubble" buses for transportation...

More nonDisney dining and activities can be found on this forum:

https://disboards.com/forums/orlando-hotels-and-attractions.15/

Charley’s Steak House - great steaks, service and desserts! Not cheap but soooo good!

Charley’s Steak House - great steaks, service and desserts! Not cheap but soooo good!

You are making me sad - They were on my list for an upcoming trip but they are still closed due to the virus at this point...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter