Recommendations for offsite rental companies?

mamato3girls

Mouseketeer
We had planned on using vacationcentralflorida.com (or some variation of that) but took too long and we have missed the week we are looking for. So curious if anyone else has recommendations? Would love to do as cheap as possible. For a group of 9 (4 adults and 5 kids) in mid May.

Are you looking for a condo/townhouse a Windsor Hills? If so, either windsorhillsrent.com or windsorhillsofficialrentals.com.

vbro - but be carefully - a few years ago companies starting copying the owner's information and listing it as theirs. So make sure you are working with an owner not a company.

I did VRBO once in California. No issues, but obviously a small sample size.

I do like Airbnb. Used them in Kissimmee, Maui, Oahu and Barcelona with no issues. My aunt also used them in San Fran last year with no issues. As pp mentioned, there are companies that try to scam you, but there are also companies that are legit, like the one I used in Barcelona. But perform your due diligence, and things should be fine.

I did VRBO once in California. No issues, but obviously a small sample size.

I do like Airbnb. Used them in Kissimmee, Maui, Oahu and Barcelona with no issues. My aunt also used them in San Fran last year with no issues. As pp mentioned, there are companies that try to scam you, but there are also companies that are legit, like the one I used in Barcelona. But perform your due diligence, and things should be fine.
Would u care to share your one for California?

It was in San Clemente, which is south of Anaheim. I took a look, doesn't appear that it is available on vrbo. I'll have to look around and see if it's listed anywhere else.

I don't have any suggestions for a group that size. I will echo that you should check VRBO and if you decide to deal with an owner directly make sure they have a reasonable number of reviews.

Just to add to being careful-I saw on Craigslist a listing for Vista Cay-when I looked at the pictures he had posted, there was a picture of a private pool off the living room-Vista Cay doesn't have private pools. Of course I questioned him, because it aggravated me someone was posting incorrect information, but of course never heard back. I look on VRBO, but as PP stated, I only look at ones that have a long track record of positive reviews.

i was all set to book a home with think vacation rentals until i read you might not get the exact house you put money down on. that really scares me.

I booked a 4-bedroom home with a pool through Magical Vacation Homes. This is the first time I have used them, so the only thing I can review is the reservation process, which was very smooth. Received the rental agreement by email within minutes and filled it out and returned it. I did it completely online. I then setup an account at livestay.com and my reservation showed up on that account within a week or two. I can make online payments there. I hope our stay goes as smooth as the reservation process did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter