Recommendations needed - first time to Orlando

Anitaandsienna

Earning My Ears
Hi there. Decided to bite the bullet and go even though after 2 years in Asia I am shocked at prices. 😀. Just my daughter and me (aged 9) - planning for July. I think we will go to Universal and then head to Coast. Just can’t seem to choose a mid range hotel - ideally with no need for car with a nice pool - liked the look of The Renaissance but the reviews said it wasn’t close to anywhere. Are there any nice hotels where we could stroll to a village type feel place to eat at night. Plus, am I mad not to go to Disney - I know this is a Disney forum so maybe a bit of a silly question. 😀

I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but one nice thing about the Premier level hotels on the Universal property is that they include the Universal Express Unlimited pass for both of you. If that's something you might consider adding on, I'd consider that when considering the price of those rooms. You wouldn't need transportation on-site, and depending on which hotel you pick, there are some amenities off-site within walking distance.

As far as the Disney question, as a self-admitted Disney-holic ("Hi, my name is Renarr, and I'm a Disney-holic." "Hi, Renarr!"), I couldn't fathom personally taking a trip to Orlando without one, but you wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last. The missus and I took our first side-trip to Universal in four years last year, and while it wasn't really our cup of tea, there were some definite elements to that part of our trip that well exceeded those same elements at Disney for us.

I would consider looking at one of the Universal hotels if you are planning to visit Universal.

There is a whole section of DISBoards devoted to Universal, including individual threads on each of the onsite hotels. They are available at an number of price points, with varying amenities and benefits, but all are within walking distance to the Universal Parks and Citywalk, Universal's Entertainment and Dining District.

Some forums/threads for you to check out:

https://www.disboards.com/#universal-studios-sea-world.8https://www.disboards.com/forums/universal-orlando-resorts-hotels.75/https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...luding-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/unread

We stayed on Universal Aventura last year and had a blast, really trendy hotel, not very expensive (about 100$/night) and we got a package directly from Universal with a shuttle from the airport that really helped with the luggage, the hotel is within walking distance from the Universal parks with a short, direct path to Volcano Bay (also from Aventura you are able to steal a seat on the boat to Citywalk from Sapphire Falls next door if you feel like it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter