"Redd" Joins The Pirates

Let's not bring politics into it. Seriously. That is highly unnecessary.

You are so offended by a change in the scene that it warrants a political discussion. That is ridiculous.

Believe it or not not everything resolves around politics. Its a change in scenes on a pirate ride! Its really not this big a deal! And even then, okay a more inclusive scene with a female pirate? How is that a bad thing?

I honestly wonder if people would be losing their minds as much if they took away a scene of African Americans or children being sold in to slavery, both of which happenened at the time and still do.

I honestly wonder if people would be losing their minds as much if they took away a scene of African Americans or children being sold in to slavery, both of which happenened at the time and still do.
Just a guess obviously, but a scene like this would have been removed long ago.

This change doesn't upset me, I find it laughable. I'll still ride POC and enjoy it, when we get to the "scene that shall not be mentioned" I'll just chuckle to myself. I will sit in smug satisfaction that those around me will feel safer and less threatened by the change to an amusement attraction. After all, you need to keep it in perspective. I do appreciate the sentiment of not needing to discuss this....in a discussion forum. But you do have to admit if you take political correctness to it's logical absurd end we're going to be living in a pretty boring country in a few years. In my opinion

Can you explain who exactly felt unsafe or threatened?

I think this is going a bit far too. I'm gonna stop. I mean, heres the thing. At the end of the day, its done its not going to change. Sucks to some, cool to others, others are "whatever" about it. At the end of the day its done.

You are absolutely right :) PotC is still up and running, which is ultimately what matters, I think.

And man oh man, what I wouldn’t give to be there right now instead of in my house surrounded by over a foot of snow lol

You are absolutely right :) PotC is still up and running, which is ultimately what matters, I think.

And man oh man, what I wouldn’t give to be there right now instead of in my house surrounded by over a foot of snow lol

Same! I would love to be there right now. I went to work but got let out within 2 hours.

seriously?

Yes please :)

Because I was completely unaware of any issues within the general public which caused this change. My understanding is that this was 100% Disney’s decision and they did not do it to cave to anyone feeling “unsafe or threatened”, as you claim people are.

I realized a long time ago people are going to believe what they want to believe. In spite of the facts, history, statistics, logic and good old common sense.
This applies to BOTH ends of the spectrum. I'd like to think average Americans have far more in common than some would like us to believe.

I think this is going a bit far too. I'm gonna stop. I mean, heres the thing. At the end of the day, its done its not going to change. Sucks to some, cool to others, others are "whatever" about it. At the end of the day its done.

yup - here's my take ... it changed, some are very happy about it, others less so ... but it is still a great ride and I am happy it exists in any form!

I realized a long time ago people are going to believe what they want to believe. In spite of the facts, history, statistics, logic and good old common sense.
This applies to BOTH ends of the spectrum. I'd like to think average Americans have far more in common than some would like us to believe.
I realized a long time ago that people post things on the internet that they believe is true with absolute no facts or background information to support their assertion. Then when asked to provide any kind of supporting information they provide tangential and generally useless adages to hide the fact that they have nothing. And yes, it does happen with both sides of the spectrum.

Because I was completely unaware of any issues within the general public which caused this change. My understanding is that this was 100% Disney’s decision and they did not do it to cave to anyone feeling “unsafe or threatened”, as you claim people are.

Disney made the decision - I don't know of any formal protests or anything like that ... but I think it is realistic to think they made the change now to be proactive in light of the #metoo movement and the like

I have spoken with quite a few people that are super happy about the change, some of who wouldn't ride the ride, others who would but felt uncomfortable at that scene. Many for the aspect of auction women, others for the fat shaming aspect. So the fact many people can now enjoy the ride more than before I am happy they made the change

You are right, I have no proof that anyone found this scene upsetting. I was making light of the change, pointing out the absurdity by being absurd. Because god knows there aren't groups of people out there that have made a cottage industry from being "offended". In fact I applaud Disney for having the guts, foresight, and being progressive enough to prophylactically make this change before anyone could be hurt.

You are right, I have no proof that anyone found this scene upsetting. I was making light of the change, pointing out the absurdity by being absurd. Because god knows there aren't groups of people out there that have made a cottage industry from being "offended". In fact I applaud Disney for having the guts, foresight, and being progressive enough to prophylactically make this change before anyone could be hurt.

Or, ya know, they could have just wanted to make the change because they thought it was a good idea and would be cool and a bit different, and not because of any outrage you seem to have imagined.

Disney made the decision - I don't know of any formal protests or anything like that ... but I think it is realistic to think they made the change now to be proactive in light of the #metoo movement and the like

I have spoken with quite a few people that are super happy about the change, some of who wouldn't ride the ride, others who would but felt uncomfortable at that scene. Many for the aspect of auction women, others for the fat shaming aspect. So the fact many people can now enjoy the ride more than before I am happy they made the change

Very well said :)

How bout we think about it this way.

We got a brand new really cool looking and SMOOTH animatronic! Seriously can we give some credit there? Animatronicsaresocool.
I will agree with you 100%, in fact, I wish the imagineers would show some love to the dog on the porch in Living with the land. He was looking in need of help the last time I was there.

Or, ya know, they could have just wanted to make the change because they thought it was a good idea and would be cool and a bit different, and not because of any outrage you seem to have imagined.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Because Disney has a recent history of fixing things that "aren't broke". Yeti anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter