Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

Well after popping over our dates have changed once again...LOL Now we are going in March so I guess I;ll be leaving this post. But hey, at least its a sooner trip rather than a later one.

:daisy:
Hi, Bama Mom! An all girls trip sounds like lots of fun! :dance3: Have fun planning it and be sure to write a trip report when you do.

Hi everyone. I am Laura and when my husband asked what I want to do for my 50th birthday in June, I said I wanted to take a trip. He asked if I wanted to go to WDW. 🙋🏽 No need to ask me twice, but I asked if he was serious.

We’ve only been once for our middle daughter’s Wish Trip in 2016. On that trip we talked about wanting to make a trip with just the two of us. so, now we are doing it!

I have not booked yet, but will soon. We’re looking at June 4-11. This will cover our 28th anniversary and my 50th birthday.

:welcome:Hi, Laura! Welcome! WOO HOO! :rainbow:A birthday trip for you! Sounds like it will be the perfect gift for your 50th. I will add your name to the list and just add the details when you figure them out.

:daisy:
Hi, Bama Mom! An all girls trip sounds like lots of fun! :dance3: Have fun planning it and be sure to write a trip report when you do.

:welcome:Hi, Laura! Welcome! WOO HOO! :rainbow:A birthday trip for you! Sounds like it will be the perfect gift for your 50th. I will add your name to the list and just add the details when you figure them out.
Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

2020 was our "skip" year, so I didn't have a trip canceled. I just moved our May 2021 to June!

6/5-6/12 --Fort Wilderness Cabins

We are so excited and hopeful that things are getting back to normal by then!

Just booked our June 2021 trip, so it's tentatively official as long as things are normal enough by then for us to fly across the country from CA! We did change our resort since I last posted here in favor of saving some money.

June 11-21 at the Swan. If Disney comes out with some FANTASTIC discounts in the Epcot resort area, we may switch, but we are perfectly happy with the Swan either way.

@mdsouth, We are booked! June 5-12 at Pop. As more resorts reopen, we may upgrade, but we’ll see.

Doesn't it feel good to have something officially booked? Like it's actually happening! I am so thrilled to have something to look forward to!

Hi Everyone!

2020 was our "skip" year, so I didn't have a trip canceled. I just moved our May 2021 to June!

6/5-6/12 --Fort Wilderness Cabins

We are so excited and hopeful that things are getting back to normal by then!

Also hopeful of some normalcy by then! We're thinking it's at least more likely at WDW than at DLR, considering how things are going.

Did you go in July 2019? I seem to remember you...but maybe I've just seen you around the boards in general. :)

Also hopeful of some normalcy by then! We're thinking it's at least more likely at WDW than at DLR, considering how things are going.

Did you go in July 2019? I seem to remember you...but maybe I've just seen you around the boards in general. :)

Yes! I stayed at AKL last July and LOVED IT. My favorite resort now. I remember you, too. :)

Yes! I stayed at AKL last July and LOVED IT. My favorite resort now. I remember you, too. :)
I want to stay at AKL, but DH is not on board at all. “It’s too far!” he says. :rolleyes: I’m determined to eat at Boma this trip so we can at least visit and then maybe he’ll be so amazed by it that he’ll change his mind. I can hope, right?

Doesn't it feel good to have something officially booked? Like it's actually happening! I am so thrilled to have something to look forward to!
I agree. I need something to look forward to. I love the planning part of a big trip. I have my notebook started and am already driving DH nuts chattering.

I agree. I need something to look forward to. I love the planning part of a big trip. I have my notebook started and am already driving DH nuts chattering.
Oh I can SO relate, especially to driving your DH nuts! My husband loves Disney, but he doesn’t feel the need to research at quite the level I enjoy, especially 9 months out... :)

I want to stay at AKL, but DH is not on board at all. “It’s too far!” he says. :rolleyes: I’m determined to eat at Boma this trip so we can at least visit and then maybe he’ll be so amazed by it that he’ll change his mind. I can hope, right?

I was in the “too far” camp until we stayed there. It’s the first Disney resort that felt like home to me. So much to see and do and a real escape from the theme parks.

So is this the "official" June, 2021 thread? I also had a June 2020 trip cancelled. It was for a convention. The convention has just been rescheduled for "same time next year", or June 18-23, 2021. The hotel was changed from Boardwalk to Yacht Club, and I am THRILLED about that! Our coordinator said we are planning a "current covid rules" convention, with modifications to lessen if Disney practices change. Don't know what that will mean for the characters who usually come to the welcome reception/banquet, or dessert party with fireworks viewing at Epcot. Guess we will just have to see what all is going on closer to time. It's all good, cause "We're Going to Disney World!"

Just rescheduled our June 2021 trip for April, so I'm headed over to the April thread. Have a wonderful trip everyone!

Supposed to be there June 28-July2 for Dance the World. I dont know why they list POR and ASMU as choices for the dancers and families when those are closed. This trip was supposed to be June/July 2020 and moved due to closure. Originally the choices were CBR and POP. so not sure if they will put those resorts back into the plan. I may fly down a day early on the 27th.

Supposed to be there June 28-July2 for Dance the World. I dont know why they list POR and ASMU as choices for the dancers and families when those are closed. This trip was supposed to be June/July 2020 and moved due to closure. Originally the choices were CBR and POP. so not sure if they will put those resorts back into the plan. I may fly down a day early on the 27th.

Our dance team is doing DTW 2021 too, also moved from 2020 at CBR. Right now they list us at POR. We added in nights at both ends (6/27-7/3) and might bounce to the Poly Villas after - TBD at this point, waiting to see how things change over the next couple of months before adding that and re-booking our flights. WCV must have some way to block these resorts specifically - that’s the only thing I can think of. That way Disney can still control the resort capacity by making them appear closed to the general public. Kind of wish CBR was still an option instead. I love POR, but we’ve stayed there twice now, POFQ once. It will be convenient for beignets I guess?

Our dance team is doing DTW 2021 too, also moved from 2020 at CBR. Right now they list us at POR. We added in nights at both ends (6/27-7/3) and might bounce to the Poly Villas after - TBD at this point, waiting to see how things change over the next couple of months before adding that and re-booking our flights. WCV must have some way to block these resorts specifically - that’s the only thing I can think of. That way Disney can still control the resort capacity by making them appear closed to the general public. Kind of wish CBR was still an option instead. I love POR, but we’ve stayed there twice now, POFQ once. It will be convenient for beignets I guess?
I still think those resorts wont reopen, and the choices will be same as last year. Not sure how long before any information comes out. We had many senior dancers who got there money back because now they wont be coming along on the trip.

I still think those resorts wont reopen, and the choices will be same as last year. Not sure how long before any information comes out. We had many senior dancers who got there money back because now they wont be coming along on the trip.

Also not sure about the PH passes, and how we would even know what parks to reserve for the day not knowing their exact schedule until right before? It will be interesting. I can at least see them dancing in their parade down Main Street now, maybe masked but... We had an option to either transfer to 2021 or cancel. About 1/2 that were going from our studio cancelled completely, including our roommates (mom/daughter friends).

Also not sure about the PH passes, and how we would even know what parks to reserve for the day not knowing their exact schedule until right before? It will be interesting. I can at least see them dancing in their parade down Main Street now, maybe masked but... We had an option to either transfer to 2021 or cancel. About 1/2 that were going from our studio cancelled completely, including our roommates (mom/daughter friends).
yes same they offered push ahead or cancel, all our seniors cancelled and the rest agreed to try again next year. When I noticed the resort choices I laughed!! really?? The resorts that were choices last year are the ones OPEN and the resorts they list for 2021 are NOT open. It was so hot last time we went dancing down main st, I cannot imagine the kids with the large groups they have marching all in masks... not really sure how they will work it. The inside performance on stage inside in AC I can see, but the parade? Not so sure. Ughhh these kids just want to know if its on or not.

We decided to cancel our June 2021 trip, so please take us off the list when you get around to it. :) Hope everyone has wonderful trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter