Reduced Hours and ADRs

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
If I have an ADR at a time after the now adjusted park closing hours , are those ADR's now lost?!

An example is my 7:35 pm Sci Fi dinner when the park now closes at 7:00 pm .. I really hope not!

Wow I hope not. Would appear this hours reduction was not something they planned on. It's normal for them to reduce hours in September, but they are organized in how it happens. Hopefully they don't just drop your ADR without helping you find a replacement.

Well, I called Disney Dining Reservations today and the person I spoke to seemed surprised when I mentioned that I had 3 ADRs that were nearly 2 hours after the new park closures. While I was on the phone, she had to get on her own system and either emailed or texted someone within Disney to get confirmation and guidance. She came back and said that the ADRs would need to be cancelled. This is now the 2nd time my ADRs are cancelled. And this one stings because La Cellier and Brown Derby have no availability for my trip now. SO, the shortened hours have forced me out of my dining reservations. I went online and cancelled a couple park passes and redid my park reservations so that I could salvage my La Cellier, just on a different day... but it is not at the end of the day now... it is 2 hours before closure. So, an 8 hour park day will now be made even shorter with the dining reservation. SO frustrating and sad.

@Jess.stw yeah I can totally get that, this seems like big cluster. It's pretty clear that Disney is reacting to the reduced attendance, and not planning ahead like they normally would. I know it would be near impossible for them to work with each person being displaced to find a new time, but really this is unacceptably poor customer service on their part, and sadly appears to be the new "norm" for how they are doing things.

@Jess.stw yeah I can totally get that, this seems like big cluster. It's pretty clear that Disney is reacting to the reduced attendance, and not planning ahead like they normally would. I know it would be near impossible for them to work with each person being displaced to find a new time, but really this is unacceptably poor customer service on their part, and sadly appears to be the new "norm" for how they are doing things.

I mean, if attendance is that low....they could at least work with us a little! Replacing 2 of my 8 might make me keep my trip!

I mean, if attendance is that low....they could at least work with us a little! Replacing 2 of my 8 might make me keep my trip!
Exactly, have you even been told yet what's happening with your ADRs? Other then the post above I've not heard of anyone getting an email, so maybe... just maybe Disney is planning something.

Exactly, have you even been told yet what's happening with your ADRs? Other then the post above I've not heard of anyone getting an email, so maybe... just maybe Disney is planning something.

no, I haven’t... but I have heard of a few others who called and got the same info as poster above. I’m gonna wait and see, they are still in MDE

I had Le Cellier, Be Our Guest, Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, Tiffins, Hollywood Brown Derby.... had then all at closing time and now can't replace any of them! I want to cry....this may indeed be the final straw for me for my September trip.

I don't understand. There's still plenty of availability for ADR's for earlier times. You had no choice but to cancel?

I don't understand. There's still plenty of availability for ADR's for earlier times. You had no choice but to cancel?

there aren’t for my dates, no dinner times And mostly no lunch times. Sept 8-16th. I haven’t cancelled but I am sure they will be cancelled for me

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat with two of my reservations. They are still in MDE so I am leaving them as is for now because I couldn't get an earlier time.

A bunch of new reservations seemed to pop up for me today in the evenings. I was able to fix most of my reservations.
I did get an email today saying that my Epcot ADRs would be canceled. Nothing about doing anything to make up for it or fix it. Just a sorry for the inconvenience, and that was it. However for Magic Kingdom I am still seeing new reservations popping up after 6 for the dates when they are supposed to be closing earlier. Do you think there's a chance they will keep restaurants open a little later than the park or do you think the system just hasn't caught up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!