>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I couldn’t see if anyone had answered this yet - will a Tervis handle fit the new stainless mugs? TIA
I will hazard a guess and say I doubt it. We have a stainless steel Tervis from Disney’s Castaway Cay which is the same size as the two pictured here and the Tervis handles we have are way too big.

I will hazard a guess and say I doubt it. We have a stainless steel Tervis from Disney’s Castaway Cay which is the same size as the two pictured here and the Tervis handles we have are way too big.
I would agree with this guess. Tervis tend to be rather bulky.

Quick google search is showing me handles that fit Yeti, which might be a bit better, but I'm not sure.

Another option is to look at Etsy for paracord handles. They are super adjustable with two stretchy loops to attach to the mug, and a knotted paracord handle.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the new stainless mugs? Perhaps if we have the measurements on it, or know how many oz it is we can figure out if the handles could fit on the mugs. I've seen other handles as well as the Tervis ones that could be an option. I've also seen tumbler carriers/holders that might work, although I definitely prefer a handle over a strap.

If you look on page 121 of this thread -- a few posts above yours -- there are pictures of the mugs and the capacity of each mug is shown. And it looks like the Skyliner mugs are similar to a Yeti in size.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the new stainless mugs? Perhaps if we have the measurements on it, or know how many oz it is we can figure out if the handles could fit on the mugs. I've seen other handles as well as the Tervis ones that could be an option. I've also seen tumbler carriers/holders that might work, although I definitely prefer a handle over a strap.

As @bluezy referenced, those 2 posts were all the inform I was able to find. Like you, I’d also like more information, but after spending more time than I’d like to admit, that was all I could find. Hopefully someone who’s posted on this thread gets one soon and gets some more information for us. We don’t go until July, but if know one posts any of that information by then, I’ll post that info for others,

As @bluezy referenced, those 2 posts were all the inform I was able to find. Like you, I’d also like more information, but after spending more time than I’d like to admit, that was all I could find. Hopefully someone who’s posted on this thread gets one soon and gets some more information for us. We don’t go until July, but if know one posts any of that information by then, I’ll post that info for others,

And we'll be there in June, so if I manage to get it I'll post here, too! I'm tempted to get a Yeti handle to bring just to see if it will work. I have a hard time gripping mugs without a handle, but I'd love to get the stainless mug instead of plastic.

And right after I posted this, my friend sent me a link to an adjustable mug handle she found on Amazon. I believe if you search for "adjustable tumbler handle" it should pop up in the results. That might be the solution!

Sorry another post on reactivating old mugs. We go some in October and was wondering if we could pay to reactivate them if so how much?

Never done it, so not positive, but you should be able to reactivate your mug. I’ve never heard of a reactivation charge, so if your on a dinning plan id think it would be free and if your not it will likely be the regular $20 for a refillable mug. Unless you really love that mug, or feel like getting a new mug is wasteful, I’d just get a new refill mug, or better yet upgrade to a stainless still one.

Sorry another post on reactivating old mugs. We go some in October and was wondering if we could pay to reactivate them if so how much?
They will charge you the price of a new mug if you want to try and reactivate an old one. But if the old mug has been microwaved or washed in a dishwasher, then the chip could be damaged and can’t be recharged.

You can get water from the dispensers using any container, so your pre-owned mug will work. :)
Thank you for your reply, but last time I was there at our resort and in some qs location the water was coming out the soft drinks machine under the lemonade button.
I'm concerned that the water won't come out?

Thank you for your reply, but last time I was there at our resort and in some qs location the water was coming out the soft drinks machine under the lemonade button.
We have used the little water button under the lemonade button many times and it usually works. Some of the dispensers have a dedicated water button. It doesn't share with a flavored beverage. :)

It's a little lever that works when pressed. It isn't connected to the same rfid (or whatever reader they have in place) that limits soda dispensing. If all else fails, you can walk up to the nearest cashier and ask for a cup for water. They'll hand you one and you walk over and get your water. You can pour it into your mug then if you want. This is all what I experienced at Pop Century the last couple times, so it could be slightly different at other resorts, but any resort quick service will still give you free cups of water (just like in the parks).

I bought a handle at Disney Springs in one of the stores I think it was Ron Jon and it fit my Star Wars mug I thing it was Tervis It might have been Yeti not sure its at home so I cant look. And this mug keeps ice all day and keeps things hot a long time love it!!

I bought a handle at Disney Springs in one of the stores I think it was Ron Jon and it fit my Star Wars mug I thing it was Tervis It might have been Yeti not sure its at home so I cant look. And this mug keeps ice all day and keeps things hot a long time love it!!

Thank you! That's helpful to know!

Sitting here at my desk with ALL the Skyliner merch, cause i just love that a tad too much. Trying to figure out myself what handle to order for my mug and can't find one that i don't think will cover part of the design.

Pertinent measurements for anyone who wants to tackle this problem with me :P
86860317_530430344345629_5219827214010286080_n.jpg
From the bottom of the silver ring at the top of the mug until the very bottom of the mug - 6.5"
From the bottom of the silver ring at the top of the mug to the top of the design
7/8"
Diameter of the mug just under the silver ring - 11.5"
Diameter at the bottom of the mug - 8.5"
The mug holds - 19 ounces (yeah you could possibly squeeze in 20 but the lid won't go on!)
Yes it leaks ... but that's not enough of a reason to not get one!
Yes it keeps things hot - hubby burnt his tongue!
Yes it keeps things cold - left it beside the bed water was still cool 10 hours later

Small problem noticed before we even came home -- some of the paint close to the top of hubby's is chipping

Are the stainless steel mugs available at all Resorts? Are they an upcharge for the DDP? I would much rather have the stainless than a plastic mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter