>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Are the stainless steel mugs available at all Resorts? Are they an upcharge for the DDP? I would much rather have the stainless than a plastic mug.

Yes, additional up charge of $10. So $10 if your on the DP, or $30 if your not. They currently have 2 different ones, the SkyLiner one and the SW one. Can’t verify it, but sounds like the SkyLiner one is at all the SkyLiner resorts and the SW is at the rest. If they have multiple stainless steel ones when we go in July, I hope the resorts carry all of them. That way our group can get different ones.

Does this mean that the SW mugs are not available at the skyliner resorts? We are staying at CBR in August and I'd prefer SWs mugs. Thanks!

Are the stainless steel mugs available at all Resorts? Are they an upcharge for the DDP? I would much rather have the stainless than a plastic mug.

I'm curious about the same thing? Does each resort have the same mugs to pick from or do I need to go to a certain resort to get a specific mug? Is there a list/info somewhere that shows me the current mugs available? This is the first time I've been in WDW in almost a decade and the first time using DDP.

Thank you.

I'm curious about the same thing? Does each resort have the same mugs to pick from or do I need to go to a certain resort to get a specific mug? Is there a list/info somewhere that shows me the current mugs available? This is the first time I've been in WDW in almost a decade and the first time using DDP.

Thank you.
Yes...all the resorts pretty much carry the same mugs, including the upgraded Star Wars stainless steel design. The exception may be that only the Skyliner resorts carry the special upgraded Skyliner design stainless steel version. All upgrades are $10 extra if you’re on the Disney Dining Plan. If not they’re about $30. These pictured below are the regular ones that have been available since last year, which are included with the plan. As far as I know the designs haven’t changed. I will be there next month and will report back.
241CE19B-2E79-4858-B4DD-385090DC2994.jpeg

Thanks for the picture! One question: are there just the 4 colors? (black, pink, green, red)

Thanks for the picture! One question: are there just the 4 colors? (black, pink, green, red)
Yes, unless there has been some recent change. I actually took this picture last summer. But they still had these same ones, when we were there last October. The selection may vary from one resort to the next, but there have not been any other colors available...just the 4.

Would you feel comfortable using a stranger's refillable mug? Perhaps highly-contagious diseases in the news would make even the typically more-adventurous among us say no at this time.

I was just daydreaming about selling a (standard-issue 14-day expiration) mug to someone at the check-in desk for $10 on my way out, thus cutting in half the price to each of us for use. The incoming party might make the reasonable request that everyone involved take a trip to the refill station to verify that its still a working mug.

Would you feel comfortable using a stranger's refillable mug? Perhaps highly-contagious diseases in the news would make even the typically more-adventurous among us say no at this time.

I was just daydreaming about selling a (standard-issue 14-day expiration) mug to someone at the check-in desk for $10 on my way out, thus cutting in half the price to each of us for use. The incoming party might make the reasonable request that everyone involved take a trip to the refill station to verify that its still a working mug.
that would be a hard no for me! I can't get the darned lids properly cleaned myself, liquid seeps in between the 2 sections. And there's zero chance I'd pay for it.

that would be a hard no for me! I can't get the darned lids properly cleaned myself, liquid seeps in between the 2 sections. And there's zero chance I'd pay for it.

I wouldn’t either, but you’d be surprised what some people are willing to do. This summer at a Movie Theatre, I saw someone grab a popcorn bucket out of the trash and head over to the concession stand and get a free refill! :oops: Wouldn’t surprise me if some people do the same with a cup! 🤮

As a teenager I worked at a zoo in concessions. We had "collector cups" that were hard plastic. A few guys in one of the stands were very, shall we say, industrious. They went into the trash, pulled out all the "collector cups", washed them (who knows how well 🤢) and re-sold them!!! Pocketing the money. I heard they made quite a bit before their bravado (and big mouths) got them fired (and arrested!!) Quite a good show that day!!

As a teenager I worked at a zoo in concessions. We had "collector cups" that were hard plastic. A few guys in one of the stands were very, shall we say, industrious. They went into the trash, pulled out all the "collector cups", washed them (who knows how well 🤢) and re-sold them!!! Pocketing the money. I heard they made quite a bit before their bravado (and big mouths) got them fired (and arrested!!) Quite a good show that day!!
Why would they get fired and arrested? If it’s in the trash, it’s in the trash and no one owns them.

Unless - wait - were they selling them as new in the park to unsuspecting guests?!?! Because that’s disgusting, but if they’re selling on Craigslist or eBay, who cares?

I actually wouldn’t have a problem with this from a germ standpoint, though I’d think the person on the second half might pay a little less than half. If there’s a problem before checkout, there would be little recourse because s/he wasn’t the original purchaser with receipt.

I will be traveling with my own dishwashing liquid to wash my own stuff anyway. If I knew I had a partner to do this with, I’d just bring my own lid from home - I have multiple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!