>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Thanks. If it's the same price, I don't really see the point of packing it to bring it with me, so we'd probably just get a new one. From an environmental stand point, if you allow to reuse previous mug, I would've expected a couple dollars incentive to do it, at least. But it's no big deal!

Thanks. If it's the same price, I don't really see the point of packing it to bring it with me, so we'd probably just get a new one. From an environmental stand point, if you allow to reuse previous mug, I would've expected a couple dollars incentive to do it, at least. But it's no big deal!
I agree with that , not adding more luggage lol

Does anyone know if most of the Rapid Refill machines are the Coke Freestyle machines now? Or are the majority still the original fast food style?

I have so many that I take them to work to drink coffee out of them.
I can imagine you'd have a few judging by your signature, Lol. I was asking because I like all the options of the freestyle machines. Sometimes carbonated drinks just aren't appealing. The DDP doesn't usually save us money since our kids eat like birds so we buy our mugs separately, mostly for convenience. We'll be at POFQ Aug. 6-12 so I was hoping they installed the Freestyles with the new remodel.

I can imagine you'd have a few judging by your signature, Lol. I was asking because I like all the options of the freestyle machines. Sometimes carbonated drinks just aren't appealing. The DDP doesn't usually save us money since our kids eat like birds so we buy our mugs separately, mostly for convenience. We'll be at POFQ Aug. 6-12 so I was hoping they installed the Freestyles with the new remodel.

Well, I think you're in luck. I'm 99% sure that POFQ has Coke Freestyle machines. I know they had them in the temporary location during the refurbishment last year and I'm almost positive they installed them permanently. I've also seen a picture with a dozen or so of the machines lined up in the parking lot at Pop Century (this was a few months ago). I have no idea what happened to those machines, but I suspect we'll start to see them popping up at various resorts eventually.

Yes, they have installed freestyle machines at POFQ. We used them last time we were there, in Dec of last year.

IMG_3601.JPG
Question about thes mugs ( I've never purchased one).

Since they are only good at resorts, do most folks just put them back in their rooms before heading out to a park?

So... leave room and head to breakfast... then back to the room to drop off the mugs?
Historically we've always left mugs in the room, next year it's just the 2 of us so I've bought one of these insulated bags. It's the perfect size, 2 disney mugs are held firmly inside so we will carry them wherever we go. We used to carry a bigger bag but no longer need to. The carry handle at the top has a clip so it can hook around a belt loop so with the shoulder strap will be secure on rides etc. It's also showerproof so khali river rapids won't hurt it.

Historically we've always left mugs in the room, next year it's just the 2 of us so I've bought one of these insulated bags. It's the perfect size, 2 disney mugs are held firmly inside so we will carry them wherever we go. We used to carry a bigger bag but no longer need to. The carry handle at the top has a clip so it can hook around a belt loop so with the shoulder strap will be secure on rides etc. It's also showerproof so khali river rapids won't hurt it.
The mugs aren't exactly spill proof, though. The inside of the bag will end up sticky if you carry them with soda, or else you'll be carrying 2 empty mugs all day, and why carry something if you don't need to. I supposed you could use them for water, but there are easier water containers to carry around all day.

View attachment 258257

I might be missing something but what's the point of carrying empty mugs around a park all day?

The mugs aren't exactly spill proof, though. The inside of the bag will end up sticky if you carry them with soda, or else you'll be carrying 2 empty mugs all day, and why carry something if you don't need to. I supposed you could use them for water, but there are easier water containers to carry around all day.
I didn't say they'd be carrying full mugs and what does it matter to you if I choose to carry 2 empty mugs to a park?
I posted it as an option for GTApex who was asking about what people do with mugs.
As far as I'm concerned it's as valid as someone saying they rent a locker to put them in, but I wouldn't belittle them for spending money like that because I wouldn't.
I actually bought the bag to carry drinks bottles when taking my grandson to the zoo regularly, but didn't feel the need to explain that or not needing a water bottle at the parks because my 'free' dining plan will cover my thirst quenching needs.
Neither did I explain that we'll be using WDW transportation, I don't feel the need to rent a car so I can leave the mugs in that or that like on previous trips we will visit other resorts to plan future visits.
I mean, it's not like we can use the mugs after we've left our room, at other resorts or before we get back to our room! Oh... hang on....

View attachment 258257

What brand is that bag and where did you get it. I really like it. Personally, I would never use it at Disney World (way too big for my liking...I go to the parks as close to bagless as I can -- usually just carrying a phone pouch) but I can see myself using it in other situations. It looks very "structured" -- which I like. I think I would have used it a lot when my kids were younger and I was always lugging around sippy cups and bottles everywhere. While I have plenty of small cooler bags that I use to keep drinks cold, this one appeals to me because it looks rigid and has that long strap.

What brand is that bag and where did you get it. I really like it. Personally, I would never use it at Disney World (way too big for my liking...I go to the parks as close to bagless as I can -- usually just carrying a phone pouch) but I can see myself using it in other situations. It looks very "structured" -- which I like. I think I would have used it a lot when my kids were younger and I was always lugging around sippy cups and bottles everywhere. While I have plenty of small cooler bags that I use to keep drinks cold, this one appeals to me because it looks rigid and has that long strap.
It's a Biubee insulated bottle tote bag. £9.99 on Amazon uk or $12.99 on Amazon.com.
The inside dimensions are exactly the size of 2 WDW refillable mugs. The outside dimensions are shown on the Amazon pictures.
I've used it for carrying chilled bottles of water around my local zoo and they kept cold all day.

Last edited:
It's a Biubee insulated bottle tote bag. £9.99 on Amazon uk or $12.99 on Amazon.com.
The inside dimensions are exactly the size of 2 WDW refillable mugs. The outside dimensions are shown on the Amazon pictures.
I've used it for carrying chilled bottles of water around my local zoo and they kept cold all day.

Thanks!

It just occurred to me that this could come in handy at the resort for the "mug runner" who goes to the food court to refill all the mugs for the family. I have a carrier that I currently use that can hold 6 mugs (which is what we usually have). The carrier can hold 4 mugs nicely as well. But anything less than that and they start to fall over. Someday when there are only 3 of us traveling to Disney, I can see this coming in very handy -- two mugs in the bag and then carry the other one. Even if the mugs aren't technically spill-proof, unless I'm doing cartwheels on the way back to the room, I don't expect much spilling to occur during the walk. And this bag will be easy enough to wipe out with a towel if there are a few drops left behind.

Thanks again.

I read through LOTS of this thread, and it seems like the answer to this is YES, but I like being sure!! :-) We are staying at All Star Sports the night before our 3 night cruise and then returning to stay at All Star Movies the night after our cruise. I could purchase the cups when we arrive, use them the day we get there and the morning before we leave for the cruise AND then use them four days later when we get to All Star Movies and the next day before we leave for home? AND we are planning on exploring many of the resorts during those days, could we use them at those resorts, too?? Thanks for clarifying for the non-experts like me!! :-)

Yup, we did this last year. We stayed at Pop for two nights before our cruise and AKL one night after and we used the same mug. We also used it on the ship just to have a cup for drinks, so it was really convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter