Refurbishment schedule changes and conflicts

Lora

DIS Veteran
I got a DVC member email newsletter today with some refurbishment info. that conflicts with the Disney site's info. Also, I noticed some changes in the schedules. Here's what I have:

From the DVC newsletter:
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Festival of the Lion King - scheduled to reopen September 30

Disney-MGM Studios
The Magic of Disney Animation - September 30 - November 23
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ - October 13-18

Magic Kingdom Park
Swiss Family Treehouse - scheduled to reopen October 25
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - scheduled to reopen November 22

From the Disney Site:
Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain will be closed for refurbishment August 24, 2003 - November 22, 2003.
The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment
September 7, 2003 - October 24, 2003.
Due to refurbishment of the Castle Forecourt Stage, there will be no performances of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration nor will there be Castle Forecourt Meet and Greet opportunities September 2 - 20, 2003.

Disney-MGM Studios
Magic of Disney Animation will be closed for refurbishment
September 30, 2003 - November 23, 2003.
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster will be closed for refurbishment
September 6 - September 14.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ will be closed for refurbishment
October 13 - October 18.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Festival of the Lion King Theater will be closed for refurbishment
August 25 - September 19.

Does anyone know which list might be more accurate?

Will you be arriving Sept. 21? Or the 20th? When will you be leaving?

It looks to me like the two lists have a difference in only the Festival of the Lion King, unless you're arriving on Sept. 20 or staying until Nov. 22. It may be I'm not looking at it from your point of view. :) I'd go with the Aug. 25 - Sept. 19 refurbishment dates for the FOTLK until further notice. Hope that's good for you! :)

Edit: also check here http://www.wdwig.com/rehabs.htm but the official site is "official" (until it changes!). :cool:

Sept 30th for FOTLK?! Wow, I'd be pretty disappointed if that was the case. I'm really excited to see this show and I know my girlfriend is too. Hopefully they are just over anticipating. We aren't doing AK until Sept 28th.

tRG

Best news I heard in a long time, if it does open on Sept. 20th. We are going for a long weekend Sept 24th - 28th and will be very disappointed if it is still closed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter