Regal Palms

dougsmom98

DIS Veteran
We stayed in a 4 bedroom townhouse in Regal Palms from Feb. 18-25th. I was a little nervous because some reviews on tripadvisor were not good but they did not apply to this rental. Overall we were very pleased. We rented the townhouse from this site:
http://www.vrbo.com/65346
We paid $600 including taxes.
The town home seemed almost new except for minor wear on the bar stool seat cushions. Why they make light tan/white covers for chairs that people will eat on I don't know, but that was the only wear that I saw.
Downstairs there was a queen room. It was very basic with a bed, two dressers and a large closet. It was attached to the shared downstairs bathroom. The living room area had enough couch seating for 5-6 people to sit comfortably. The dining table had 6 chairs around it and there was additional seating at the breakfast bar area. I did find the dining area to be a little crowded but there was still plenty of room. The living room had sliding doors to the back of the town house. There were no chairs to sit on out there but there was a charcoal grill and charcoal. The appliances in the kitchen seemed to have never been used. We used the stove, oven, microwave and toaster every day and they worked fine. The only trouble we had was the fire alarm went off when we were cooking toast one day and there was no way to turn it off. :blush: I called the front desk and they told me maintenance wouldn't be there for 30 minutes! Yikes. Luckily it went off when we opened the windows. The toast wasn't even cooked yet so I think the fumes from the new toaster were the problem. After that, we brought the toaster over to the stove and turned the fan on while we used it. There was also an apartment sized washer and dryer downstairs. We used them 1-2 times per day. I love not bringing home dirty laundry! Upstairs there were two twin bedrooms. Again, very basic with 2 beds 1 dresser and large closets in each. There were no TVs in the twin bedrooms and this was a downside, but it was okay. There was also a full sized shared bathroom with a full sized tub, and a linen closet with extra towels and blankets. The master bedroom had an en suit bathroom that had two sinks, large shower/oval tub. The bedroom had a king sized bed, a large dresser, a small dresser, a large walk in closet, two side tables and a tv. All in all, the townhouse met our needs and we would definitely stay here again. The owners were very professional to work with and the price was fabulous. We chose this place based on the price and the pool complex. We spent 4 out of 6 full days at the pool. It has a lazy river, water slide, splash area for little ones, hot tub and small playground. The pool chairs did fill up fast in the middle of the day. The pool was not very deep, no greater than 5 feet deep. This was perfect for my family but late high school age or college age kids might not like that. I am not a swimmer but I spent over 2 hours in the water on our first day. It was a really enjoyable place to spend the day. My parents ordered lunch and a few drinks by the pool one day and the food was reasonably priced and very good. There are signs saying that no outside food was permitted in the pool area but EVERYONE brought drinks and snacks to the pool in plastic Wal Mart bags. A couple days we had to wait for pool towels because housekeeping didn't have them ready. A few negative reviews indicate that the front desk people are not on the ball. I can see what they mean, but it was nothing that would prevent me from staying there. Maintenance was great, they were very quick to bring us the crib we had requested and they took trash away daily and left a new bag.
It took us almost exactly 10 minutes to get to the Sherbeth Road shortcut to the parks. The Publix was so convenient. We had Chinese food from the restaurant at the Publix shopping area and we liked it. The pizza was ok too. Wal Mart was only a mile or two away.
If there are any questions please ask or PM me.

Great review! We've been giving this resort some serious consideration.

We stayed there several years ago in a 3bdr townhouse and it was a nice stay. The only negatives I know of are check-in/"front desk" not always highly pleasant(not rude, but not hotel type service), no HS internet service, and it is further out than some similar resorts. These were very minor problems, and we would stay here again if it suited the needs of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter