RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

HimandHer.

I think "hc" is head count. Or so I took as such. Let your DW and DS know we are mostly normal, so it is ok to join us. :lmao:

My DW is very much an introvert, and she enjoys the group.

j

We will be there!

It will be my family - myself, DH and DD - and my parents.

We are excited to meet everyone!

We can bring: Sausage balls, tortellini salad, and brownies. And, anything else that is needed (napkins? plates? etc)

Also, from my understanding, it looks like the actual time of the meet-up is still undecided. If I might *suggest* that it take place in the later afternoon (perhaps 4 or 5ish), that would give us more time in the day to hit the parks. As PaHunter mentioned above, the parks are currently closing early these days, so having plans after the meet-up wouldn't really be feasible.

Due to my daughters school schedule, we are only staying at the Fort for four nights. So, we were planning on doing the parks each day, including the 12th. We are planning to be back at the campground in time for the meet up, but the extra hours in the park, provided a late afternoon meet, would be nice :)

As I said, this is a suggestion, and we will certainly be up for any time that is decided.

I know Ed and I are excited about this.

"The iconic Dapper Dans will also return to the Magic Kingdom beginning September 20th. They'll be performing a capella as their alter egos – The Cadaver Dans. "

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/more...-magic-kingdom-dapper-cadaver-dans-returning/
j

Yes, hc was headcount.

I am indeed excited about the DD returning, Jim. Although I'm not going to ask to sing with them again while their in the Cadaver personas (I have never seen the Cadaver Dans in person). I wonder if they sing completely different songs for that gig. Bet they do. YT probably can answer my question. That's usually their MNSS party gig, isn't it? (never done that either)

Usually you can go to the Info desk in the Main Street Town Hall and ask for a schedule of their performances that day. Then I try to catch one or two. The location is always the tough part. But glad to see they'll be back out in the parks. I don't know if they have been performing as the DD lately.

I did enjoy doing two classic songs with them back in January 2018 in the Main Street Cinema. Myron, the bass voice wearing blue below, stepped out and let me sing the bass part with the other three guys.

Dapper_Dans_Ed.jpg

Having survived the terror of performing with our heroes, I am now a card carrying member of DD singing alumni.

Dapper_Dans_Card.jpg

Got some work to do on my green mickey globe lamp. The glue holding the ear globes on has separated and some new glue needs to be reapplied. Thats my project for this weekend I guess.

Bama Ed

PS - although the lamp might have the orange Halloween bulb in it for this trip.

Last edited:
Yes, hc was headcount.

I am indeed excited about the DD returning, Jim. Although I'm not going to ask to sing with them again while their in the Cadaver personas (I have never seen the Cadaver Dans in person). I wonder if they sing completely different songs for that gig. Bet they do. YT probably can answer my question. That's usually their MNSS party gig, isn't it? (never done that either)

Usually you can go to the Info desk in the Main Street Town Hall and ask for a schedule of their performances that day. Then I try to catch one or two. The location is always the tough part. But glad to see they'll be back out in the parks. I don't know if they have been performing as the DD lately.

I did enjoy doing two classic songs with them back in January 2018 in the Main Street Cinema. Myron, the bass voice wearing blue below, stepped out and let me sing the bass part with the other three guys.

Dapper_Dans_Ed.jpg

Having survived the terror of performing with our heroes, I am now a card carrying member of DD singing alumni.

Dapper_Dans_Card.jpg

Got some work to do on my green mickey globe lamp. The glue holding the ear globes on has separated and some new glue needs to be reapplied. Thats my project for this weekend I guess.

Bama Ed

PS - although the lamp might have the orange Halloween bulb in it for this trip.

Having been to a couple of MNNSHP, yes they do some different songs when dressed at Cadaver Dans. They also have some more gruesome attire. But still do a fantastic job.

I couldn't pull the trigger this morning. :sad2: Wanted to but couldn't.

This morning the reservations opened up for Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom (the castle restaurant) and I wanted to get a reservation for a meal that didn't included princesses. The menu was similar to BOG in a set 3-course meal but it was pretty simplified: one chicken entree, one beef, one fish, and one vegan - that was it.

But the on-line menu had no price. So I went on-line this morning and they were only offering lunch on my day in the MK. Put in party of 2, date, selected the time, and then got to the screen where they wanted me to PRE-PAY for the meal. With tax, mandatory gratuity, and meal the total was $154 for two people for lunch. :crazy2: Pre-pay? Who do they think they are? Hoop Dee Doo Review?

Nope. Couldn't do it. Love ya Disney but not that much.

We had a Skipper Canteen lunch reservation we'll keep because DW has never eaten there so even with the pared down offerings it will be new/different for her.

Last night I was looking at the Halloween-oriented food offering that have been announced in the last few days for the parks and the themed sipper cups that should be available so I might even ditch the Canteen reservation and snack/sip our way through our MK day.

Tick tock - time for me to prepare is running out. :hourglass

Bama Ed

snack/sip our way through our MK day
As long as you're stationary and socially distant while snacking & sipping :drinking1 Did you see they updated the announcement playing in the parks to include saying "covering your nose and mouth"?

Well the toilet seal just arrived, so I guess it is time to go fix that issue. 29 Days left, and we will be at the FORT !!! Tonight is a training session, so this evening is shot, have a few hours to get some work done in the camper. Have to double check camera gear, video gear, check over the truck, and I am sure I will think of others things.

Did you see they updated the announcement playing in the parks to include saying "covering your nose and mouth"?

Its a shame folks have to be told that very obvious point... :sad2:

We have to tell them all the time in the ED. We hear that "I can't breathe with it on" garbage too.

"Really? Yet your oxygen levels are 100%."

I'm replacing brake pads on my truck today. Looks like we got another storm headed our way in the gulf so gonna try and get my deer fields cut today too.

For anyone with guests flying in that will be using DME from the airport, if your reservation is through the TA, adding DME is done through the group reservation line, not the regular DME number listed on the web site.

DS and his friend are flying down on our arrival day and I just added them on for the bus from the airport. The good news is group reservations answers right away. I was on hold for an hour on the regular line, just to find out they couldn't do it.

Group reservations- 407-939-4686

j

Meant to ask earlier. Are there any food allergies to be considered? Just want to make sure.

Meant to ask earlier. Are there any food allergies to be considered?
None here that we can't easily avoid.

Are we getting close to a solid head count? Trying to figure how many boxes/bags of toasted ravs I need to get. I have 2 boxes for Michael...:yay:

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter