Rent car to park at TTC to drive to MCO? Or take ME from OKW?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
On our final day, our flight leaves MCO around 9 pm, and we have an ADR and fast passes for MK--our last is a 3:05-4:05 FP for SDMT. I'm trying to figure out if it's "worth it" to rent a car for the day to drive to MCO, instead of hauling back to our resort (OKW) to take ME. It's been nearly ten years since I have parked at the TTC, but I seem to remember it taking a while to get to and from the MK from the parking lot.

Since they have started doing ME pick ups 4 hours ahead of flight time, our pick up time should be around 5 pm. What time would we have to leave MK by to ensure we get to OKW in time (plus a few minutes to gather our bags from baggage service?) Will renting a car for the day and keeping it at the TTC buy us a lot more time at MK?

Mostly I want to be able to ride our last ride (SDMT) as soon as the window opens, and be able to leisurely walk down Main St. without feeling panicked and rushed.

Thank you!

Rent the car if riding SDMT and not being rushed is the goal. Leaving the TTC by 6:00 should beplenty of time.

Otherwise you might have to leave the MK by 4pm just to make the 5pm bus. Possibly earlier.

On our final day, our flight leaves MCO around 9 pm, and we have an ADR and fast passes for MK--our last is a 3:05-4:05 FP for SDMT. I'm trying to figure out if it's "worth it" to rent a car for the day to drive to MCO, instead of hauling back to our resort (OKW) to take ME. It's been nearly ten years since I have parked at the TTC, but I seem to remember it taking a while to get to and from the MK from the parking lot.

Since they have started doing ME pick ups 4 hours ahead of flight time, our pick up time should be around 5 pm. What time would we have to leave MK by to ensure we get to OKW in time (plus a few minutes to gather our bags from baggage service?) Will renting a car for the day and keeping it at the TTC buy us a lot more time at MK?

Mostly I want to be able to ride our last ride (SDMT) as soon as the window opens, and be able to leisurely walk down Main St. without feeling panicked and rushed.

Thank you!
What's the cost to rent the car? Another choice would be to pay for valet parking at CR, then walk between CR & MK.

What's the cost to rent the car? Another choice would be to pay for valet parking at CR, then walk between CR & MK.
We're a party of 6 so we have to rent a minivan or larger SUV. I found a larger SUV (Tahoe or similar) available for $85 including all the taxes and fees, that we can pick up at the Car Care Center on Disney property and return at MCO.
I did consider the valet parking at Contemporary--if I recall correctly, it is $25? Or has it increased since I last looked?

Just "thinking outloud"--another benefit of renting the vehicle is the flexibility on the way to the airport for a dinner stop, so we aren't stuck with the options at MCO.

Only you can decide it that addtl hour or so is worth the cost of a rental for the day. For a 9pm flight, you would need to be at the airport, at security, by 6:30. Security is taking a long time lately....it can be chaotic there!!! So, you would need to leave the TTC by 5:15ish in order to get to MCO, return your car and get over to the security area. That would allow you to stay in MK until about 4:30-4:45ish. It can take a bit to get back to the TTC and to your car.
If you decide not to rent a car, and take DME back.....your p/u time will be around 5ish. So, you would need to be back at OKW by 4:30, which means riding SDMR and leaving immediately after...probably around 3:30ish. I always figure on an hour from park to resort...just in case I miss the bus and have to wait for another one. Or you could walk over to the CR (about a 10 mins walk) and take an Uber back to OKW..that would give you an addtl 30 mins. You just need to be at the DME bus stop, ready to board the bus, 15 mins prior to the stated p/u time!!! Otherwise, you could miss the bus, and have to find alternative transportation back to MCO.

We're a party of 6 so we have to rent a minivan or larger SUV. I found a larger SUV (Tahoe or similar) available for $85 including all the taxes and fees, that we can pick up at the Car Care Center on Disney property and return at MCO.

That's a really good price for a one-day, one-way rental for that size vehicle.

There are also rental car locations at some of the Disney Springs Hotels. The easiest locations to access are Alamo/National at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and Avis at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. In my experience, the prices are always identical between the three Alamo/National locations. (They are Car Care Center, Walt Disney World Dolphin, and Hilton Buena Vista Palace.)

Depending on your schedule, you may want to check Avis. You can take a bus to Disney Springs and walk over to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. Although, as I mentioned, I doubt you'll beat the price you have already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter