Rent ECV in parks

Thanks everyone for your help! I read her a lot of your comments and we discussed the options. She would still like to start the trip by renting an ECV in the park. Our first full day is MK next Sunday and we will still be able to rent from offsite if she decides she needs it all the time afterwards.

The ECVs at stores - like the ones you rent in the parks - are BEASTS - off-site is definitely the way to go - they have much more maneuverable and compact scooters. It’s like the difference between driving a bus and a Corolla.... I own mine - it’s only way I can do Disney and Disney is the only time I use it.

If you use an uberXL they can fit a foldable 3 wheel in the back which we did on several occasions. I used one in the parks and was so glad not to have to walk from bus into park. I learned how to get on and off the bus and the drivers are experienced with helping people. I do not need the scooter in my daily life, but really could not do the park without one. I began by renting one from the park, then next trip rented an offsite vehicle and last trip rented one in my hometown and rode through the airport right up the ramp to the plane.

So we have rented the ECV twice now at EP and MK. There is a little learning curve about how to drive it in crowds vs just how to drive it. After walking to MK and back, we've decided not to rent from off-site and stick to park rental. The ones in the park are definitely big and there is variation in which scooter you get on how fast it goes, easy it turns, etc. Definitely hard to maneuver in food booth lines at Epcot or some ride lines. Mostly we've been parking it before standing in ride lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter