Rental Car Question

soccermom22

Earning My Ears
I have a car rental/credit card question. I have a car booked through Dollar for a total estimate rental of $349.90 - now the only credit card I have has a limit of $300.00 on it. If I pay for the rental fee in cash and give them the credit card to hold as a deposit will this work? It says on their site that credit cards need to have an available limit of the rental fee and 15%. So would they kust use the credit card to hold the 15%?

We don't have any other cards - only have this one for emergencies.

Please help!!

No, I am afraid that will not work. They require a LOT of cash for a deposit.

We're in the same boat, as we have just the one credit card also.
Do you have a debit card with visa or mc logo? Dollar does accept those.

This probably won't work. As I understand it. even if you pay the rental fee in cash, they put a substantial authorization on your credit card as a deposit. They may allow you to place a deposit in cash, but you should check since not all rental agencies allow this.

Best suggestion: call Dollar, explain your situation and ask what your options are. Also, call your credit card company and ask for a $100 increase in your limit for this rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter