• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??Rental car ??....yes..I'm ignorant of the process??

Disneydays

Earning My Ears
I'm almost ashamed to ask this question...and perhaps I'm not even posting on the right board...but????

Have an opportunity to rent a great house in Kissimmee for a very reasonable rate....HOWEVER....I will need to rent a car in order to take advantage of this accomodation....how does one rent a car.....what identification...proof of insurance on the car I have left behind???.....how difficult is it to drive around the area...say in early December???
Sorry for so many questions....but I've never had to rent a car....ever...in my life........
Appreciate any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never rented a car in Orlando, but there really isn't much to renting a car. You'll have to show your driver's license and proof of insurance, but I can't think of anything else. If you want your spouse or another driver to be able to drive the car, they'll need to show their drivers license, too. It's best to pay with a credit card, not your ATM card or cash. They don't like ATM cards because they can't be sure that there will be extra money in the account if you have to pay extra charges, and I think some of them may charge additional deposits if you pay with cash. (Not sure about that, it may have been just the place I rented from.)

You should be able to get local maps when you rent the car. I've never found navigating the area to be too hard, but we stay on-site. I guess it depends on where your hotel is and where you're planning on going.

To rent a car, you need your drivers license and a major credit card. I have never been asked for proof of my insurance on the car I own. As for driving around, no different than any other major tourist area/city. Traffic on the major highways, nothing too horrible. Have a great time.

Car rental rates change frequently and have a variety of discount codes/coupons available. There is generally no penalty to cancelling a car rental reservation. Make one then keep looking for better rates. If you check on the transportation board you'll find a lot of rental rate discount help.
Make sure you rent a large enough vehicle. Most of the cars don't have large trunks and if you have a lot of luggage or people you may need an upgraded car or mini-van.
Check your car insurance to make sure it covers a rental car.
Usually (check first) you should decline all waivers and insurance from the car rental company. Usually you should rent with a full tank of gas and return it with a full tank of gas.
Although not necessary if you're a member of a travel club (AAA) get an Orlando map before you go.

Hey !!!go over to the Transportation Board here at Dis and they will teach you all you could ever want to Know about Cars,Mears,Tiffany Town Cars and a host of other forms of travel!!! :p :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter