Renting DVC points from the UK?

MartynEm

Disney OverThinker
Morning all :)

Do the frequenters of this board have any experience renting DVC points as a UK visitor? Any recommended sites to buy from, or special tips/warnings for the UK guest?

Not done it ourselves as we own DVC but these guy's are the main players. https://www.dvcrequest.com

We are using this company at the moment and so far I have been really impressed with them, speed of replies / helpfulness. I still have to wait and see if they can fulfil our request as we aren't quite at 11 months yet. Researching online though they do appear to be a very reliable company.

We've rented our DVC points out through them a couple of times now and it's gone well from our side. A lot of trust involved still but they are great at making it all go smoothly so would recommend them rather than arranging something direct.

We've used David's DVC 5 times now with no problems. Very happy with the price & service.

We are using David's DVC now for the first time for the second part of our trip in Jan 2019. They have been amazing and are really quick and responsive to all questions. It worked out a lot cheaper for us too. £1700 for 10 nights Animal Kingdom Savannah View studio Jan 2nd until 12th. Will work out a lot cheaper even with purchasing tickets and adding dining plan through them.

i've crunched the numbers many times - it always comes out cheaper getting the UK free dining package at SSR or OKW rather than renting points since, at least up to now, DisneyUK discounts SSR and OKW for their free dining packages.

So i'd be very careful if i were you when making comparisons.

if you look for example at the David's DVC site - their calculator is based on rack rates - not on the discounted UK free dining package rates.
In august, we had 3 weeks in a two bedroom at SSR including free dining, for the rate that the calculator claims we would have to pay for only 2 weeks without dining.

So again, i'd be very careful if i were you in checking this.

We usually do a OKW 5 nights UK package with Free Dining, then 5 nights with Dave's at Boardwalk or Beach Club. Works for us.

Yes, we did the same. We booked 7 nights at Yacht Club with free dining, and then 7 nights Grand Floridian villas through David’s DVC. It saved us a fortune :) but the PP who said make sure you check your precise dates and resort choice like for like to make sure you are getting the best deal is correct.

i've crunched the numbers many times - it always comes out cheaper getting the UK free dining package at SSR or OKW rather than renting points since, at least up to now, DisneyUK discounts SSR and OKW for their free dining packages.

So i'd be very careful if i were you when making comparisons.

if you look for example at the David's DVC site - their calculator is based on rack rates - not on the discounted UK free dining package rates.
In august, we had 3 weeks in a two bedroom at SSR including free dining, for the rate that the calculator claims we would have to pay for only 2 weeks without dining.

So again, i'd be very careful if i were you in checking this.

Definitely this I think it can also depend on number of people. We definately wanted to do AKL rather than OKW or SS and having looked at Attraction Tickets Direct prices for their tickets and room package I knew that even when free Dining came out if I wanted Savannah view at Animal Kingdom Lodge it would already cost double. When I looked lastnight after Disney UK released their prices it was £4332 when I paid £1700 renting DVC points for a Savannah view studio and then got my tickets for £800 for 2 adults. So I have saved £1832. Dining through Davids adding it will cost me £1000 so even when free dining is out I will save £800. Even a standard room is more than what I paid for DVC. This is based on 2 adults though so If I had to pay for more dining etc it may have worked out cheaper or the same as renting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!