Renting points a true savings?

dizneyfiend

9 trips and counting!
Anyone know how much of a savings there is if you can rent points? Looking at a 1 bedroom. Prefer pool or ocean view.
Thanks for the help!

That's probably going to depend on when you go and if there are any promotions booking direct. A good place to start would be to check out the cost calculator on David's DVC rentals.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/

There are also point rental listings here under the DVC section. Don't forget to factor in that you don't need to pay for parking if you go the points rental route.

That's probably going to depend on when you go and if there are any promotions booking direct. A good place to start would be to check out the cost calculator on David's DVC rentals.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/

There are also point rental listings here under the DVC section. Don't forget to factor in that you don't need to pay for parking if you go the points rental route.
Thank you! The savings on parking would be nice. I hate that resorts charge for that.

We have a studio for 10 days. We are renting points. Renting vs reserving saved us about 2k. But there is more risk with renting, depending how you do it.

We booked Aulani about a year in advance under a standard reservation. Once we secured rented points, we cancelled our reservation. We saved almost 50%, so IMO, it was well worth it. For a first timer, I'd go through a broker or at least do your due diligence if renting directly from an owner. The owner we chose had references and a contract. The only other "downside" for some is that you will not receive daily housekeeping. There is a room on the DVC floors to dump trash, and you will have either free in-room laundry or free laundry tokens if you need to wash towels.

I recently booked a 9 night stay, with 5 nights in a Studio and 4 nights in a 1-bedroom, which used a total of 399 of my DVC points.

At a $15/point rental rate the reservation would have cost just shy of $6,000. If I booked those same rooms directly and paid cash, the cost would have been just shy of $11,000.

Thanks for the insights! I wasn't sure if we should even try to go that route. Looks like it's worth a shot!! One more question- what about the service advertised here on the Dis? Daves I believe? Anyone gone through that service?

Thanks for the insights! I wasn't sure if we should even try to go that route. Looks like it's worth a shot!! One more question- what about the service advertised here on the Dis? Daves I believe? Anyone gone through that service?

I've not gone through them to book, only to made an inquiry with them, but my experience was fine. They get rave reviews on here and have a business relationship with the travel agency that owns the boards so they are reputable. I wouldn't hesitate to book through them!

We're going with friends and staying in a 2-bedroom using their points. We're working out our share of the reimbursement and the difference between booking it directly and renting points is approximately $2.5-3K depending on who you use. I can't speak to who to use or how good they are because we're not actually renting the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!