Replacement suggestions for The DIS Daily Fix

Cayaco

Mouseketeer
With it going away I'll no longer get my daily dose of Disney news on my Alexa Flash Briefing, which makes me a little sad as it's been a part of my morning routine for a while now.

Is there anything else out there like it in which I can add to the rotation? Wake up, make coffee, have Alexa give my morning updates, wait for the DIS, and then proceed with getting ready.

I don't have an Alexa or anything like that (they sort of creep me out) but I generally get all my latest Disney buzz and news and rumors from Twitter and the New/Rumor board here at the DIS

Is there a program for Alexa to read you a summary of tweets or something?

It's called a flash briefing. Many news services and websites have Alexa flash briefings, which are similar to the DIS Daily fix, a quick snip of everything you need to know for the day. It's not akexa reading Twitter or headlines but recorded programs from everything I select. I go into my kitchen and say Alexa, what's my flash briefing? And over my morning routine I get the weather, local news, NYC news, fox news, BBC world service, NPR, the dis daily fix, and tech news headlines. Each one is updated daily

What happened to the Daily Fix?
I have not heard and couldn't find anything though I really only looked in a couple of places.
Thanks!:flower1:

I also look at my twitter feeds. wdwnt is my fave. but in the morning there's not a large amt. of anything that pops up like a daily morning hello from them, it's just whatever i missed the night prior. would be cool if official disney did something.

With it going away I'll no longer get my daily dose of Disney news on my Alexa Flash Briefing, which makes me a little sad as it's been a part of my morning routine for a while now.

Is there anything else out there like it in which I can add to the rotation? Wake up, make coffee, have Alexa give my morning updates, wait for the DIS, and then proceed with getting ready.

Prolly not the same, as it's video, and only 2 to 3 times a week, but DSNY Newscast is good stuff.

They're ending it this year. The info for that could be found on the Daily Fix.
Ah, that would explain why I hadn't heard about it.

Honestly, I never quite saw the point of the show. It was well done and all but pretty much everything covered on the Fix was also covered on the Tuesday show so it was redundant. And the weather forecast didn't make sense to me. If you aren't there, you don't care, and if you are there, surely you are checking another source like the weather app on your phone or the local news to get the forecast before you head out in the morning. The show didn't really provide any unique content.

Ah, that would explain why I hadn't heard about it.

Honestly, I never quite saw the point of the show. It was well done and all but pretty much everything covered on the Fix was also covered on the Tuesday show so it was redundant. And the weather forecast didn't make sense to me. If you aren't there, you don't care, and if you are there, surely you are checking another source like the weather app on your phone or the local news to get the forecast before you head out in the morning. The show didn't really provide any unique content.
It was a quick daily news update. It gave you 3-4 news items per day, trending disboards thread, featured Wdwinfo article and weather. I didn’t think it was a bad thing as I watched it most days. I don’t think it was meant to be unique fun content but rather quick and informative.

Now I can see moving on from it though as it seems to have lost steam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts