Request: Kid's Nite Out reviews

rastuso

DIS Veteran
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of reviews for this service. Perhaps it isn't used much. But even Yelp has like 17 reviews over 10 years, although most of the 1 star ones are not really bad IMHO.

We have a 2.5 DD,and my wife and I would love to actually do HHN together this time, instead of doing it single.

IN the past (our son is much older) we've used Neverland Club and Lil Rock Club at the HRH. Sadly, they are 4 years minimum now, assumingly to stop dealing with diapers.

Kid's Nite Out runs both the Universal and Disney clubs, so it seems they are reputable, but we just are VERY reluctant to ever use sitters. We just never have.

ANy recent reviews? I'm thinking of bringing a security camera, and telling them it's there, just so we can check in online. Sorta like daycares have. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't a 24 hour day care in Orlando. But that doesn't seem to be much of a thing in any big cities.

-J

It's not a recent review, but for what it's worth... We used Kids Nite Out on our Disney trip 2 years ago. Our sons were 6 and 3.5 at the time, and we had a great experience. Our sitter was an older woman who had several grandchildren herself. She stayed in great contact with us, took the kids for ice creams, then played in the room before putting them to bed. We'll use the Pixar kids club this time, now that they're older, but liked the in-room babysitting when the kids were younger so that they could still get to bed early. It's not cheap, but was totally worth it for us so we could get a night out for our anniversary. :)

We used them for an early morning race. The young woman came with plenty of activities, but my nephew slept the entire time. No problems at all.

My sister used it for her two young (4 and 2 at the time I think?) kids a year or two ago. She had positive things to say about it.

Ok, used it Monday and was very happy with our sitter. She brought a few activities, but like previous poster, our 8 month old fell asleep pretty quickly. Sure, it’s a pricey, but was worth it for the few hours my husband I got to go into MK without the stroller and then eat at California Grill.

We used Kids Night Out last January so we could go to V&As. My son was seven. We had an older lady, I think her name was Paula. She was fantastic and had a blast with my son. They laughed the entire time she said. My son confirmed. I would definitely use them again. It was nice not having to feel like we needed to rush dinner in order to make it back to a kids club before they closed. I also like that my son got to go to bed on time, so he wasn’t a bear the next day as he would have been if he was up late at a kids club.

Ok, used it Monday and was very happy with our sitter. She brought a few activities, but like previous poster, our 8 month old fell asleep pretty quickly. Sure, it’s a pricey, but was worth it for the few hours my husband I got to go into MK without the stroller and then eat at California Grill.

Do the sitters just sit in the room after the kids go to bed? I'd like my son to go to sleep but we're not in a suite or anything so it's just one room...

Do the sitters just sit in the room after the kids go to bed? I'd like my son to go to sleep but we're not in a suite or anything so it's just one room...
Yes, we were in a Poly DVC studio, so she just hung out and I assume read or played on her phone.

We did the service where they go to a kids club type area and there were other kids there. Mine loved it. They got fed pizza and cookies for dinner and played video games. They still talk about how much fun they had. We stayed at Beach Club and I think that's where it was.

Sadly those are all 4 and up now. They used to take potty trained kids. My guess is too many parents lied.

We used KNO for the first time this past April for DD ( then almost 7 months.) The girl was AMAZING! She brought toys etc. My daughter cried briefly after we left, but she turned on music and danced with her. She left to walk DD around the resort, and DD came back in a great mood. When we returned DD was happy and completely fine! We have never left our children with a sitter before, at home or elsewhere...so we were hesitant. Yes, my husband did buy and bring a nanny cam.....no judgement please! We loved KNO, and are using them again this November....not even bringing nanny cam this time! Hope you enjoy your date :)

We used Kids Night Out last January so we could go to V&As. My son was seven. We had an older lady, I think her name was Paula. She was fantastic and had a blast with my son. They laughed the entire time she said. My son confirmed. I would definitely use them again. It was nice not having to feel like we needed to rush dinner in order to make it back to a kids club before they closed. I also like that my son got to go to bed on time, so he wasn’t a bear the next day as he would have been if he was up late at a kids club.

We've used them several times over the years - DD1 is 7 and DD2 is almost 3, but we started using them before DD2 was even born, and also when our DD2 was an infant. Our kids LOVE them. On most longer trips, we book at least 1 night with KNO. They get to bed on time, the sitter just sits in the room with them. It's kind of amazing - our kids would never do that with us, but they will with the sitter! Last time, they barely said bye when we left - already too busy playing with the sitter.

(Another bonus is that they cost less than a sitter in our home city!)

We used KNO mid-June for 1 night for our 4 year old. We requested a college age women as DD is very energetic. Dd had a great time and even asked to have the sitter for another night. We stayed off-site and Embassy Suites LBV.

Thanks for all the reviews. Need to call and make an appointment. We just hate using sitters, but they sound very safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter