Requesting a different room location

Well I can assure you that my mother raised me better than those people who have meltdowns and act like that. I would never.
That's great, us as well, but for a fair # of people, apparently not so much. In most situations when I respond I'm also thinking of others who might read the thread.

We had a standard view at BLT-the room was right above the entrance, so if we were sitting outside in the morning, everyone could see you-i think it was the 2nd floor. I wasn't really expecting anything, since I did book a standard view, and that's what I received, but I did ask very nicely at the desk if there was anything else available, and the next morning they moved us near the marina side. They were extremely nice about, and so was I! I was very appreciative.

This Oct I had requested in advance my Boardwalk view to be high floor and see thru balcony.

We checked in around 10am and were offered a choice of 2 rooms that were ready, but since not our requested view we waited. I think early in the day definitely helps with more choices being available.

If you’ve entered the room, you’ll be charged a cleaning fee in order to move.

Maybe! At BCV, I asked to move and was not charged a cleaning fee. What was weird was that I'd requested woods view, but they insisted they didn't have any. I had to wait for the room they had assigned me to, it was HA, which at the time I didn't need or want, so they moved me-yes, to a woods view room. At OKW, they also moved us without charge, but at WLV, they told us that, even though the room had no tub, which we needed, and we'd only been in the room a few minutes, just long enough to notice the lack of tub, we'd be charged a cleaning fee if we moved.

Maybe! At BCV, I asked to move and was not charged a cleaning fee. What was weird was that I'd requested woods view, but they insisted they didn't have any. I had to wait for the room they had assigned me to, it was HA, which at the time I didn't need or want, so they moved me-yes, to a woods view room. At OKW, they also moved us without charge, but at WLV, they told us that, even though the room had no tub, which we needed, and we'd only been in the room a few minutes, just long enough to notice the lack of tub, we'd be charged a cleaning fee if we moved.

Depends on the resort and CM. We were told at Kidani that we would be charged when our savanna view room was a view of the pool buildings, escalated to the GM who visited our room, sent us a gift, moved us the next day and now those rooms are standard view rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

They were apparently EPIC at the Boardwalk before Boardwalk View became a category. And even now, you can get EPIC meltdowns over people who don't understand what they booked. Or who want the Village Green or one of the corner one bedrooms. I sometimes wonder if Disney CMs get points for every time they hear "do you know how much I paid!"

How about the people who rent points to stay DVC, and then complain they don't get daily maid service when they pay $200/night.!?!

Well Bill, I have to ask why that is. What do you not like about BWV and Village Green view?

If I wanted a village green view, I would ask for it and/or it should be a view category. We reserve a boardwalk view to see the boardwalk, lake, and YC/BC, not a patch of grass between the buildings. While looking at grass can be nice, that isn't what we expected. Apparently the CM's can't understand why the green is included in the boardwalk view category either and they report that they receive view complaints from guests who are given those rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

It’s funny how my perspective on view/location has changed. When I was paying cash for rooms/villas it was very important to me to get what I considered to be a great view/location. After I bought points I realized that I would be staying at my two home resorts many times so I was far less focused on trying to get the ‘best’ view/location. In fact now I’m a bit more interested in trying out all of the different views/locations at my home resorts. My theory is some years we’ll get villas located in locations and with views I consider to be awesome and other years we won’t - but there’s always next year. In fact this year for my split AKV Jambo savanna view & VGF lake view I didn’t request anything at either resort.

I usually don't request anything either. I have had some amazing views and others not so amazing. I have had AMAZING trips each and every time regardless of my room view. I would be general about your request and the scheduler will try their best. I truly believe that being nice will win everytime so if you don't like your room at check-in, ask if there is anything else. ;)

I thought Village Green rooms were part of the Pool/Garden view room category?

And yes, if I booked Boardwalk view and got Village Green I would think it's a mistake. Shamus shows as P/G.

And yes, if I booked Boardwalk view and got Village Green I would think it's a mistake. Shamus shows as P/G.
We booked P/G view once and got Village Green. I thought all of Village Green was P/G.

We booked P/G view once and got Village Green. I thought all of Village Green was P/G.

IIRC Village Green was originally classified as BW view but was changed to P/G view after multiple complaints. Since the points cost is the same it’s hard to tell - maybe they use it as both!

Except for the 1 bedroom on the end closest to the boardwalk. I was "lucky" enough to get it on my first boardwalk view stay after they made the change splitting it out. I didn't complain about it because my mom was with me and undergoing chemo, so the short walk to the elevator was a plus.

BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter