Resale buying process - title search and underwriting?

Duckbug.Ducktales

Listening to the music to Fantasmic!
Hi! I'm in the process of buying two resale contracts with different brokers and different title companies. I am not financing. One was very smooth, as soon as I sent the deposit to the title company they sent the contract to Disney for ROFR. The other title company (First American Title) has had more steps involved, more documents to sign, and now wants my DOB because "in the title search, underwriting does a name search on all parties involved in the transaction" and DOB helps them differentiate between people with the same or similar names. But why do they need to do this process anyway? The other title company didn't ask for this. I don't know how the process works, perhaps this is normal, but I am protective of this info so I wanted to see of other have been asked for this.

Thanks!

I have had mostly smooth resales but last year, had a title search that unearthed someone with a similar name (middle initial different) that defaulted on car financing in a State far, far away. I had to sign a form that it wasn't me. Perhaps it is something similar. At this point, we've bought 10 resales and it only happened once.

I have had mostly smooth resales but last year, had a title search that unearthed someone with a similar name (middle initial different) that defaulted on car financing in a State far, far away. I had to sign a form that it wasn't me. Perhaps it is something similar. At this point, we've bought 10 resales and it only happened once.
Thanks!
Same for me, someone with a similar name (one letter different) but my DOB cleared it up. I just didn't understand why there was a title search by an underwriter involved, I though that only happened with mortgages. But it's fine now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!