• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Resales Closing Slower

Disney Adventurer

Mouseketeer
Is anyone out there going through a resale that seems to be taking longer than it should. I have been told that the Disney employee that handles the resales quit and they are farming her work out so resales are taking a little longer than usual. Anyone have any first hand experience.

When we did our resale purchase a few months ago, after closing it took an additional week before we were on the computers.

We encountered the same issue. Contact your resale broker and ask them to rush it. They may be able to put a call into Disney to speed things up a bit.

Is your delay greater than a few days?

I signed my resale contract on Aug 17th and I'm still waiting to hear if Disney is going to take its 1st right of refusal option. I'm so anxious to get this closed becuase my re-sale is coming with banked 2000 points that expire in April and I want enough time to actually book something and I have a school aged child so my travel availabilities are slim. Man your news was discouraging!

I just purcahsed a resale in July and it really didn't take all that long. Probably 3 weeks from start to finish. The timeshare store had a service for an extra $45 they could overnight all documents. I just wasn't interested in that though. As for the right of first refusal option if you paid more than $58/pt I wouldn't worry, and especially with a contract that size I wouldn't worry. They really don't like to buy the points back and I would just worry about the time it takes to get it done.

If you are concerned about speed make a few calls, if they are annoyed by the calls they might speed it up a bit to get you off their back.

It does take some time after you close to get you on the computer at Disney, but I didn't think it was too long, maybe a week or so.

Hi,

My husband and I closed on a Boardwalk resale recently (Atimeshares not Time share store which we found to be slightly higher priced). We signed our original contract on 7/18, signed our closing documents on 7/24 and got our membership number on 8/16. We were supposed to get the number on 8/13 or 8/14 but as has been mentioned, there is a change in the staff that has things a bit backed up. I called a few times and was able to speak to a very nice lady named Kathy T. who processes the payments from the Resale company. The hold up was due to our checks being mailed regular mail instead of overnight from the title company according to Kathy. However, my Resale agent received her check on 8/10 and her check was mailed the same day as Disney's check, so that is why I suspect the staffing issue was more at play. Regardless, it seemed like a fast close to me - I think it helps to be politely persistant to be sure folks are on the look out for your paperwork. Best wishes!

ps. So far, customer service at Disney has been excellent. Kathy was very kind and took the time to e-mail my membership number to me the day she processed our info - which saved me the trouble of calling in to get it.

I would be plenty happy if I would have closed within 3 - 4 weeks. Initial papers were signed and deposit sent (overnight) on July 26, 2001. We were told Disney reviewed right away and gave OK (didn't excercise right of first refusal). Title Search was complete 1-2 weeks ago. Have been in contact with broker and have been told the hold up is Disney pulling all paperwork etc. Have been told that one person handled everything now it has to go back and forth between title company and 2 or 3 different departments in Disney. I am fast approaching 5 weeks since offer accepted and deposit sent with no end in site. Just be careful if you think you will close in 3 - 4 weeks.

Who did you purchase your resale through? How long did they tell you that it will take? If it is longer than you were told I would call the closing agent and or real estate agent daily and be annoying, not rude just annoying. "I just wanted to check and see how we are doing", " I'm very concerned about the length of time this is taking" etc. You should see some results after a few calls or someone should be able to give you an exact date this will happen since it has been so long. Ask the agent if there is someone I can call to see what is going on, if you get the run around. It's your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter