Reservation upgrade question

cobbler

DIS Veteran
Ok I have always booked the rooms I can afford without code. I have never actually upgraded when codes came out but just applied to an existing reservation.

Next year we are talking about doing AKL and I haven't done the budget yet but will either book standard and upgrade to Savannah when codes (or if) they come out or book savannah and upgrade to conceirge.

So when this occurs how does it work? Do you have to basically make a new reservation with a new down payment? Or will they apply the current payments you have made towards the new one or will they just adjust the current reservation you have?

Any info would be appreciated!

I've had it happen both ways. Once CM said it was better to cancel and rebook. They credited my card (took about a week for the credit to show up) and then charged it again for the new reservation. Another CM just modified my existing ressie and I only had to put down the difference between the one night deposit on the original ressie and the one I upgraded to. My guess is that the CM in the first case either didn't know how to modify it or that they are scored by how many ressies they take and the person wanted a new ressie for themself. Either way it worked out OK for me b/c I got the upgrade I wanted. :goodvibes

Good luck!!! Hope you get a great code for your dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter