Resort change?? BWI vs. Beach Club vs. Poly

thank you all for the input -- im feeling better about BWI (for now at least), I just have to stop looking at the room pics and I'll probably be that much better. LOL. Both me and DH grew up in Brooklyn and a short bus ride away from the real "boardwalk" so this will either be nostalgic or a total miss, at least for me. :)

We have stayed at both BC and BWI. We love both for different reasons.

When we first stayed at BWI I felt the same as you about the room pics, but we really enjoyed the resort. There are magicians in the lobby area as well as around the boardwalk, and this made it so much fun. We liked the pool area as well.

I agree with others that BC has a beach type feel. The one positive about BC over BWI (except for SAB) is that the gift shops, drink refills, and quick service are located inside as opposed to having to go outside BWI for most of that. It doesn't really bother us but might make a difference for your DH!

I hope you have a great time whichever you end up with!:flower:

We've stayed Beach Club and the Floridian.

I see them as very different resorts. And I didn't think that Beach Club seemed stuffy at all. In fact, it felt very, well, beachy. I felt like I needed walk around in white shorts, carrying my shoes.

I see the Floridan as the grown up sister to Beach Club. A little more mature. Demure. But still incredibly fun.

I live in NJ, about 45 minutes from Atlantic City, so I've spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk growing up. Even now. So I've always thought the BWI wouldn't be for me since it's not the real Boardwalk but it's on my list for next year and actually winning out for me.

I've stayed at every deluxe resort except for WL and SS, BC is by far one of the most laid back of them all. I don't think any of them compare to GF but agree if one came close it would be YC, which is my favorite WDW resort of all of them. I always swore I'd never stay at BW but have stayed there 4 or 5 times now. I don't find the rooms stuffy but do find the hallways a little redrum like. All three have great Christmas decorations and it's worth taking a day and just exploring all the deluxe resorts for that alone.

We LOVED everything about the Poly at our last stay a few weeks ago and are going back for a last minute Christmas trip (12/22-12/25). We booked Boardwalk Inn because I've been dying to try an Epcot resort, but after looking at pics of the room its just not us (although for 4 days I can make do).

Question though as I've been trying to talk DH into Beach Club but he said its too "Grand Floridian like" (stuffy) but I prefer the décor there over Boardwalk Inn -- is there any benefit or something better at Beach Club than Boardwalk Inn that I can talk him into? (Stormalong Bay he could care less about.)

Then he suggested Poly, but that takes me away from the Epcot area -- which ironically we're not even going into Epcot, but will be going to DHS which is why we wound up at Boardwalk Inn.

I just don't know....I'm so torn =(
We just stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and really enjoyed it. The rooms are recently done and are fine. I dont think the BC rooms are decorated any better. It is much closer to Hollywood Studios, which I believe is about 1 1/2 mile walk. The walk from Epcot was much shorter. I loved that there is a dedicated boat slip right in front of the hotel.( Beach Club and Yacht club share one in front of the Yacht Club) The bus stop was much closer and only stops at the BWI. The Boardwalk is great and a lot of fun. I thought the pool was nice but crowded. That said, we liked the atmosphere at the BC much more. It is not stuffy at all. In fact, it was crowded with kids when we stayed there. The Yacht club is a little stuffy I think. The pool is so much better and there are more casual places to eat. Overall, I would rather be in BWI during the busy Christmas week. Storm a long bay will be so crowded it will be terrible.

thank you all for the input -- im feeling better about BWI (for now at least), I just have to stop looking at the room pics and I'll probably be that much better. LOL. Both me and DH grew up in Brooklyn and a short bus ride away from the real "boardwalk" so this will either be nostalgic or a total miss, at least for me. :)

We haven't stayed at BWI, but I felt the same about the GF as it was never on our radar. We always got a "stuffy" feeling/vibe whenever we visited and I didn't really care for the rooms/decor, but my views changed completely once I did stay there. I'm not saying you will love BWI after your stay (although I hope you do like it), but for me, staying at a resort is totally different than just visiting. I now love the GF and see it differently after actually staying there. It's not my favorite overall, but it runs a close second and is one that is always in the running when planning a trip. I think BWI is a good choice for the few days you're going to be there. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

thank you all for the terrific feedback and input. we've pretty much decided BWI will be where we're staying this trip. I've just waited so long to talk DH into an Epcot resort Im hoping we can do future split stays between an Epcot resort & the Poly (our MK resort of choice) I'm hoping its nice enough that we dont regret it and can actually plan that split stay :)

LOL, I'm staying at BWI next time because it seems more like GF, IMO. :p

BC has never seemed stuffy to me and certainly wasn't stuffy when we stayed there. I would choose the YC over BC though. Just my personal taste.

thank you all for the terrific feedback and input. we've pretty much decided BWI will be where we're staying this trip. I've just waited so long to talk DH into an Epcot resort Im hoping we can do future split stays between an Epcot resort & the Poly (our MK resort of choice) I'm hoping its nice enough that we dont regret it and can actually plan that split stay :)

I'm sure you'll have a good time! Hope you will report back after your trip :goodvibes.

I'm sure you'll have a good time! Hope you will report back after your trip :goodvibes.

I will for sure! I wish I reported back more after our Poly stay but had some problems that kept us from doing more of what we intended to. I'm rebooking for 2018 so will remember to do that then! :)

I will for sure! I wish I reported back more after our Poly stay but had some problems that kept us from doing more of what we intended to. I'm rebooking for 2018 so will remember to do that then! :)

Looking forward to it :goodvibes.

Yay for rebooking for 2018! It's always fun to have a trip to look forward to ::yes::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter