Resort Change by Disney

I certainly hope you at least got refunded the difference. CBR really is quite a downgrade from what you had. Honestly, I'd keep calling and try for something better. I'd be beyond upset that a cm moved you without you agreeing.
No refund and I was never offered a refund. I agree about it feeling like a downgrade. I called again and a CM gave me some quotes for Yacht Club and Riviera. I also asked about Pop Century, since I feel that would comparable to CBR, but much cheaper. I will try to call again and see if I can get it figured out. I will have to wait until later in the week when I have some time off of work. I don't love that a CM screwed up by switching me and now I have to be the one to keep calling to get it right.

Well that stinks! What would the PH have to do with switching rooms anyway???
I don't know, but that's the only question I asked that would have had him messing with my reservation. He screwed the tickets up too. They were ghosted out on MDE after I talked to him. Second CM said yes you have tickets, and the third CM I talked to said they weren't connected on her end or something along those lines. She told me she was glad I called since they could have dropped off and would have messed up my park reservations. I'm only guessing, but I think I just got unlucky and was talking to a CM who had no idea what he was doing.

We had booked a quick little trip Oct 1-5 for my sister's birthday. Trying to make this a cheap(er) trip, we booked a family suite at All Star Music. They are remodeled, so it seemed like a good option. We were just going to wait and see what we got when they contacted us, but decided to call today. They only offered one option- Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa. We are so excited about the extra space in the 2 bedroom and the full kitchen and laundry in room will be nice. Crossing fingers that our request for a refurbed unit is honored! I have a feeling this trip will have more downtime at the resort because of heat/masks and a one year old niece. It will be nice to have the space and pool time.
I loved staying at Saratoga. Especially if you plan on spending anytime at Disney Springs.

Our original reservation was thru Hotels.com, so there's hope!
So did Disney initiate all those moves or did you call? And if you called, which department, and how did you get them to talk to you?

There are multiple reports of people being told the only CMs who can help are wholesale CMs, and the wholesale CMs saying the “TA” has to initiate everything. I’ve spoken to UT, and was told they would put me on the list of “keeping my trip” but Disney would move everyone, and they didn’t know when.

I'm a bit of an eager beaver...and I like to obsess over planning my vacation. So I called last night to move my trip to POFQ in January. The CM was lovely. She let me know the only moderate available for my dates is CB and CSR is at capacity. I let her know my preference was not CB and I preferred a smaller resort and she put me on hold with to talk to GS to see if she could "create some pixie dust". When she returned, she let me know that GS said they aren't dealing with my January 2021 dates yet and for me to call back end of August for an update. I learned nothing except POFQ is opening September 2021.

So did Disney initiate all those moves or did you call? And if you called, which department, and how did you get them to talk to you?

There are multiple reports of people being told the only CMs who can help are wholesale CMs, and the wholesale CMs saying the “TA” has to initiate everything. I’ve spoken to UT, and was told they would put me on the list of “keeping my trip” but Disney would move everyone, and they didn’t know when.

Disney made all changes without any intervention on my part.

I'm at the point where I might be calling again in the next few days. I'll update if I do. The waiting is KILLING me.

What phone number are you guys using because I was on forever last week. I used this number

407-939-1936

we now have a mandatory 14 day quarantine so I was thinking of calling to see if they’ll move us to December. We are price protected

Last edited:
407-939-7429. On hold less than 2 min this morning. Called in to see if I need to be switching January Boardwalk Club stay to Boardwalk Villas as we want to stay in the EPCOT area. CM I got said too soon to say for sure for the Boardwalk Inn but a comment she make sounded like the Inn would be open just not sure on Club Level. I will wait a bit longer I guess.

Last edited:
What phone number are you guys using because I was on forever last week. I when I used

407-939-1936

we now have a mandatory 14 day quarantine so I was thinking of calling to see if they’ll move us to December. We are price protected
The problem you experienced last week were impacted by the sudden change to the resort opening being delayed or put on hold. Here are some other numbers that may be of interest to you.

Vacation Package Booking
(407) 939-7675
Resort Room-Only Bookings
(407) 939-7429
Tickets
(407) 939-1289
Dining Reservations
(407) WDW-DINE
(407) 939-3463

Here is the most current resort update.

In addition, we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note that the reopening dates have been revised for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

August 24Disney's Yacht Club Resort
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 4Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
November 1Disney's Art of Animation Resort

While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated.

Dave

I'm a bit of an eager beaver...and I like to obsess over planning my vacation. So I called last night to move my trip to POFQ in January. The CM was lovely. She let me know the only moderate available for my dates is CB and CSR is at capacity. I let her know my preference was not CB and I preferred a smaller resort and she put me on hold with to talk to GS to see if she could "create some pixie dust". When she returned, she let me know that GS said they aren't dealing with my January 2021 dates yet and for me to call back end of August for an update. I learned nothing except POFQ is opening September 2021.

If your trip is Jan 6-11 there might be a Tower Water View open at CSR. I changed from that to Kidani Savanna Studio a little while ago.

Booked November 28 to December 5 originally with friends at Port Orleans. Since wasn't opened and my friends cancelled, decided to go on my own anyway and spend all time in EP or HS, so changed my reservation to Boardwalk Inn...like that was a smart move:rolleyes2! I called Passholder number and asked if I should wait to see if BWI would open by then. My problem is if I wait and BWI doesn't open and no availability at other EP resorts, they could move me to a non-EP resort. Whereas if I call and change now, could probably get an EP comparable....but I really want BWI....this whole state of things is very frustrating.......just venting all🙃😀...don't pay me no mind...which I lost ages ago!

Why not just go for the YC?

We know it will be open and you can see the BWI shining across Crescent lake. It is also a very easy walk between these two resorts. That way you are assured a EP resort with all the benefits of the Boardwalk with out the "Clown" pool. :hyper2:

Dave

Booked November 28 to December 5 originally with friends at Port Orleans. Since wasn't opened and my friends cancelled, decided to go on my own anyway and spend all time in EP or HS, so changed my reservation to Boardwalk Inn...like that was a smart move:rolleyes2! I called Passholder number and asked if I should wait to see if BWI would open by then. My problem is if I wait and BWI doesn't open and no availability at other EP resorts, they could move me to a non-EP resort. Whereas if I call and change now, could probably get an EP comparable....but I really want BWI....this whole state of things is very frustrating.......just venting all🙃😀...don't pay me no mind...which I lost ages ago!

I was booked at BWI and they said that the first choice that they were supposed to give people was staying in a studio at BWV. So more then likely, you can still stay at the Boardwalk but will just be moved to a studio room.

What phone number are you guys using because I was on forever last week. I used this number

407-939-1936

I originally had a reservation at the Polynesian at the end of September and with the news of it not opening until October, I had asked if it could be moved to December. They wouldn't budge on the price protection but they did let me change the dates and keep the 35% recovery discount.

The option to be moved to the BWV from the BWI may not be an option for Nov. 28 - Dec. 5 as the BWV may not be available during that period. Disney only gets excess inventory in a DVC at the 60 day mark (breakage) if DVC owners have not already booked.

Dave

Just got off the phone with Disney. Had a reservation at AS Music for the beginning of Sept and was moved to POP for the same price. He also put in a ticket to remove the park hoppers. He said to check my balance in a couple weeks to make sure the price adjustments have posted. I really hate the way they do packages on the website. It is impossible to see a breakdown of costs.

Can someone provide the 7866 number? I can be price protected and I’m considering it to stay at a more expensive deluxe but I also have a bounce back offer and can change my dates at least a little and still keep my 30% discount. I know after talking to a CM 2 days ago they will move me to a more expensive deluxe and price protect but it may be better for me to move dates a bit. ETA - currently at BWI 12/13-12/16

407-939-7866 is the Guest Services call back number.

I am not sure that you want to start there but you ask specifically for it. I would suggest you start with 407-934-7639 - Regular modification number from MDE and if you can't get a helpful CM then try the GS call back number.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter