Resort Change by Disney

The problem you experienced last week were impacted by the sudden change to the resort opening being delayed or put on hold. Here are some other numbers that may be of interest to you.

Vacation Package Booking
(407) 939-7675
Resort Room-Only Bookings
(407) 939-7429
Tickets
(407) 939-1289
Dining Reservations
(407) WDW-DINE
(407) 939-3463

Here is the most current resort update.

In addition, we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note that the reopening dates have been revised for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

August 24Disney's Yacht Club Resort
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 4Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
November 1Disney's Art of Animation Resort

While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated.

Dave
And just a quick reminder to everyone to stay on their Disney feet after making a change. Rumor mill has it more changes are coming (currently swinging to the negative but you know the rumor mill 😂 maybe it will swing positive tomorrow). Anywho, I would keep an eye on DIS news articles as they catch hotel changes fairly quickly and that way you don’t have to weed through the insanity that is the DIS Rumor forum 😉

Whatever you do don’t take the current reopening schedule as set in stone. #2020

And just a quick reminder to everyone to stay on their Disney feet after making a change. Rumor mill has it more changes are coming (currently swinging to the negative but you know the rumor mill 😂 maybe it will swing positive tomorrow). Anywho, I would keep an eye on DIS news articles as they catch hotel changes fairly quickly and that way you don’t have to weed through the insanity that is the DIS Rumor forum 😉

Whatever you do don’t take the current reopening schedule as set in stone. #2020
How much more can we take lol. At this point my reservations for the rest of 2020 are on the villa side of things and it seems those basically have to stay open, as long as they're legally able to right? Hopefully I'm done with the Disney hold and Russian roulette game lol.

Just got off the phone with Disney. Had a reservation at AS Music for the beginning of Sept and was moved to POP for the same price. He also put in a ticket to remove the park hoppers. He said to check my balance in a couple weeks to make sure the price adjustments have posted. I really hate the way they do packages on the website. It is impossible to see a breakdown of costs.

At least you get to see the price. For room only reservations, there is nowhere to see the cost of your reservation. You have to rely on the email, if you get one, or the paper they mail you. I don't understand why they choose to do it this way. Every other hotel that I have stayed at has your full details online.

At least you get to see the price. For room only reservations, there is nowhere to see the cost of your reservation. You have to rely on the email, if you get one, or the paper they mail you. I don't understand why they choose to do it this way. Every other hotel that I have stayed at has your full details online.
I think you can view the room only breakdown of charges through the app. When I click on My Resort and click on View Charges it shows the daily break down of the cost of the room and the 3 different taxes added on.

I had to do Online check-in on the MDE app in order to see the room only "View Charges" area. It has a break down of all charges.

Well Disney wasn’t moved by my need to move my dates from Sept to December. They of course would move them but I would lose my price protection. I really didn’t expect they would, but at least I tried. My whole problem is the 14 day quarantine when I get back from FL and my job. Maybe I could pull off getting a Covid test and get results back quick enough? :sad2:

I got voicemails from Disney about changing hotels today concerning our August 29 arrival. I had booked four rooms at ASMu (we're a group of ten). I got voicemails about three of those four rooms. I called and was told we'd all be moved to Pop Century. However, we're all New Yorkers and with the mutual NY-FL quarantines still in effect, and other factors, I instead cancelled the reservations.

I got an email from Disney a week ago asking if we are planning on keeping our reservation. I had two separate BC CL room only reservations. The first one for 8/30-9/3 is gone from my MDE. I finally was able to call and the CM said there is no record of this reservation. I have the email confirming my reservation. Has anyone in the last week or two had their BC CL reservation just dissapear?

Our second reservation is for BC CL 9/3-9/7. So far, it is still showing on my MDE.

Last edited:
I was booked at BWI and they said that the first choice that they were supposed to give people was staying in a studio at BWV. So more then likely, you can still stay at the Boardwalk but will just be moved to a studio room.
This is what they said they would check first (BWV) when I called, but didn't get that far. I decided to wait to see if BWI opens, but then as soon as i hung up and thought about it properly, I wasn't so sure if I should have changed right then and there. Oh well, I may call back soon, but as Dave mentions, they may not have DVC inventory available for that time (historically being one of the most popular DVC weeks) which makes it more urgent and should probably call and see if i can at least secure YC before it goes too.

I just wanted to update on my situation with being moved from CS Gran Destino to CBR by a CM after he told me I could think about the possible move. Yesterday I called GS and talked to my 4th cast member. I explained the situation and how I didn't feel it sat right with me about him moving me like that. The CM asked me a few questions and after I described why I had picked Gran Destino in the first place she recommended the YC. We have our reservation moved there and it was actually a tiny bit cheaper. She also told me that the 1st CM, that changed me like that, actually had caused me to slightly be charged more on my reservation. Anyways, all ended up working out in the end and I feel much better about the situation. Of course anything might happen in a month and this reservation might not even happen, but I wanted to encourage others if they aren't happy with how they were handled by a CM call back. I called the GS line, 407-939-7866, for my last call and the CM was superb!

I just wanted to update on my situation with being moved from CS Gran Destino to CBR by a CM after he told me I could think about the possible move. Yesterday I called GS and talked to my 4th cast member. I explained the situation and how I didn't feel it sat right with me about him moving me like that. The CM asked me a few questions and after I described why I had picked Gran Destino in the first place she recommended the YC. We have our reservation moved there and it was actually a tiny bit cheaper. She also told me that the 1st CM, that changed me like that, actually had caused me to slightly be charged more on my reservation. Anyways, all ended up working out in the end and I feel much better about the situation. Of course anything might happen in a month and this reservation might not even happen, but I wanted to encourage others if they aren't happy with how they were handled by a CM call back. I called the GS line, 407-939-7866, for my last call and the CM was superb!
That’s great! Enjoy your stay at yacht club!

finally got my move!!!!
My dates were: 11/28-12/5
I am: keeping my dates
My original resort was: AKL Standard View
I originally booked using: Undercover Tourist
I am being moved to: CONTEMPORARY TOWER THEME PARK VIEW!!!!!!!😱
My cost increase/decrease is: $0 Price Protected
There are: 2 adults and 1 child (5)

I really wanted the Poly, but I'm not complaining about this!!!

For our Sept trip we moved from BWI to BC, then had to move from BC to YC. Then I received a call from Disney two days ago for our Jan trip. We were suppose to stay at BWI, they moved us to the Riviera. I’m ok with that, but my DH says he might want to stay at GF instead, especially if the walk way to MK is open. So now I’m not sure what to do. Advise?

For our Sept trip we moved from BWI to BC, then had to move from BC to YC. Then I received a call from Disney two days ago for our Jan trip. We were suppose to stay at BWI, they moved us to the Riviera. I’m ok with that, but my DH says he might want to stay at GF instead, especially if the walk way to MK is open. So now I’m not sure what to do. Advise?
Hmm, we were moved from AoA to Contemporary, and when I called to request a move to Yacht Club instead, they told me they could only move me once with price protection, and that I would have to pay the difference to move to YC. But it’s worth trying! Maybe you’ll get lucky 😊

Hmm, we were moved from AoA to Contemporary, and when I called to request a move to Yacht Club instead, they told me they could only move me once with price protection, and that I would have to pay the difference to move to YC. But it’s worth trying! Maybe you’ll get lucky 😊

I think the difference is that the BC resort will not be open so they had to move. I know that I had to move twice because my first move was to BWI and then they announced that it will not be opening and so I was move to YC.

So we are both UT, but my dates are earlier than yours, and MDE is still showing my original closed resort! Wonder if it would do any good to call wholesale directly.

So we are both UT, but my dates are earlier than yours, and MDE is still showing my original closed resort! Wonder if it would do any good to call wholesale directly.
That's what I did.
She did tell me that UT had not sent over the November list yet of people who had confirmed they were coming, but since I had called before and had a medical need, she would do it.
Can't hurt to try.

That's what I did.
She did tell me that UT had not sent over the November list yet of people who had confirmed they were coming, but since I had called before and had a medical need, she would do it.
Can't hurt to try.
Went ahead and called. No wait, so that was nice. CM said they were still working on August and September dates, and didn’t expect to get to the November moves until at least mid-September. This doesn’t really jive with what others are reporting here about October and November dates already being moved, but I wasn’t going to argue, as this seems to be what the CM has been told.

Anyway, he looked up my reservation and put a note in the system that I’m planning to go. Don’t know if this will move things along any faster, but it doesn’t hurt.

We’re supposed to be at POFQ 12/1-5, which is looking less and less likely. We booked a back-up room at the Dolphin yesterday in case POFQ doesn’t reopen. We’ll hold on to POFQ until the last possible minute (our PIF date is 10/31 right now) to see if it does. Our TA told us if we let Disney move us, our only options will be CBR or CSR, and we definitely would rather be at Dolphin. With tickets, the Dolphin room will come out ~$300 cheaper than our POFQ package, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!