Resort Change by Disney

Well that stinks! What would the PH have to do with switching rooms anyway???
So the reason why her room was changed was because she requested the PH to be dropped off the tickets. This requires modifying the reservation, but they cannot modify *and* keep the room at a resort that is not scheduled to be open. The reservation cannot be modified into a closed resort. So, in order to remove the PH, the room has to be modified to an open resort.

I encountered a similar issue when Disney modified my December reservation to remove my Free Dining plan. They modified that reservation and because I had a CL room booked and CLs are not going to be open, they downgraded my room all the way down to a standard. I called and asked if I could just keep the CL reservation (in case there is a miracle and they reopen in December, at least it gives me time to see what will be open) and they explained that they could not modify the reservation into a room that is not scheduled to be open at the time.

So, I just wanted to give some context as to why removing PH in essence does not allow you to keep / sit on your room reservation that is scheduled to not open. If anyone else wants to "sit out" their room reservation, do not request any modifications to it, such as dropping PHs, changing ticket length or changing dates.

But, very glad to hear the OP was able to get everything straightened out with the tickets and the room and that there is a happy ending!

Anyone else get a call from Disney last week? Got a call stating because Disney had to move me twice, i would be getting a $100 GC emailed to me a week or so before check-in.

nice of Disney to reach out. I’d heard that other people had been told this on the phone when they called in to make their second move (due to resorts being closed), but we weren’t told anything. So it is nice that Disney reached out to let us know.

We have just received an email from wdw U.K. tc.
stated they had tried to contact me-they had not🤔
Checked out MDE ; which now states we are at pop.
Which is what I assumed all along.
I just don’t know if we will actually make it.

Anyone else get a call from Disney last week? Got a call stating because Disney had to move me twice, i would be getting a $100 GC emailed to me a week or so before check-in.

nice of Disney to reach out. I’d heard that other people had been told this on the phone when they called in to make their second move (due to resorts being closed), but we weren’t told anything. So it is nice that Disney reached out to let us know.

I was told over the phone I would be getting a card and I got the call last Sunday.

I've heard several people being moved from moderates to CBR like we were. We were able to upgrade (ourselves, party or 2) from a preferred room at CBR to a tower at Riviera for Under $250.00 (total price) for a 5 night stay. Our friends were just able to snag the same deal this morning for mid September. Although I've heard how expensive the Riviera is it is worth the price for us to upgrade and wanted to pass along the info in case anyone wants to move.

Last edited:
This may have already been asked and answered and I apologize if so. Has anyone had any luck adding a night to your stay and still being price protected? Our flights got changed and and now we are leaving a day later. Trying to decide if worth calling or just booking that last night somewhere else. Thanks for any insight!

This may have already been asked and answered and I apologize if so. Has anyone had any luck adding a night to your stay and still being price protected? Our flights got changed and and now we are leaving a day later. Trying to decide if worth calling or just booking that last night somewhere else. Thanks for any insight!

I have not heard of any price protection for adding a night. The only changes I've heard of are made by Disney due to closures of hotels for original dates.

Our ill-fated March trip (moved to the end of Sept with FD then changed to a 35% discount at Sports then moved to POP] is beginning to look like we will may have to cancel. What is my deadline date to make a decision? tia

Our ill-fated March trip (moved to the end of Sept with FD then changed to a 35% discount at Sports then moved to POP] is beginning to look like we will may have to cancel. What is my deadline date to make a decision? tia
Should be 7 days. When I called last week to make a payment (system wouldn't let me do it online because I was under 30 days) the CM said that yes payments still weren't due until 7 days before and that 7 days is the current cancellation time for packages.

What were you originally booked with? I was able to change my dates and add a night onto a trip that we originally had free dining on at ASSp's for late July. I was able to move my dates to Nov. and they moved my resort with price protection with no issue - did this with 4 different reservations.

I think there seems to be more of an issue moving dates (adding/taking off) with just a resort move, no 35% package etc. Also, if you've already had to move twice (2 modifications have been made to your stay) you will probably have more issues. I wanted to add someone to our room only that Disney had to move resorts twice and they said they couldn't since my reservation had already been modified twice...even though it had nothing to do with my end...they wouldn't keep the price protection if I made any modifications. - Makes no sense and they're losing out money, but it is what I was told twice.

Should be 7 days. When I called last week to make a payment (system wouldn't let me do it online because I was under 30 days) the CM said that yes payments still weren't due until 7 days before and that 7 days is the current cancellation time for packages.
Apparently at present, 7 day cancellation period is only until 3 October.

It never hurts to call to ask just let the CM know that your return flight changed by a day and you want to see about adding a day to your reservation.

I would call 407-934-7639 - Regular modification number from MDE.

Dave

From the Disneyworld website:

Rooms and Packages

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

If no action is taken for impacted stays, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

I had no luck adding a day. CM suggested to book a standalone night and they'd keep us in same room. Price was way too high though (we were moved from WL to poly, which has since changed again!), so I booked a night elsewhere

couldn't hurt to ask? Mine was in the busy closure announcement timeframe with lots of people juggling

they wouldn‘t let me adjust by a day either. :(

Thank you all for your replies! Most of it is kind of what I fogured(we were moved from a closed resort-CSR to BRV). I guess Dave is right, can’t hurt to ask, but sounds like from people’s experiences, not likely and probably just easier to add a night somewhere else (we would fall into the same trap as Leigh, trying to add a night to where we are would be past the price point I want to pay for one extra night) Thanks for your experiences and opinions!

I was trying to get them to let me come in a day earlier so I could still stay at the Poly in the villas instead of being moved to the Riviera. They had my five nights if I came in a day earlier and left a day earlier. They wouldn’t do it though.... Kind of crappy of them

I've heard several people being moved from moderates to CBR like we were. We were able to upgrade (ourselves, party or 2) from a preferred room at CBR to a tower at Riviera for Under $250.00 (total price) for a 5 night stay. Our friends were just able to snag the same deal this morning for mid September. Although I've heard how expensive the Riviera is it is worth the price for us to upgrade and wanted to pass along the info in case anyone wants to move.
Wasn't sure if you were aware, but if you are booked in the Tower studio at Riviera, they are extremely tiny, the sleeping area in value rooms are larger. But if that doesn't bother you, I hope you enjoy your stay there.

Wasn't sure if you were aware, but if you are booked in the Tower studio at Riviera, they are extremely tiny, the sleeping area in value rooms are larger. But if that doesn't bother you, I hope you enjoy your stay there.

Yes, we know it's very small. We spend very little time in our room. We try to do as much as we can and enjoy a change of scenery while we are on vacation so I think we will be just fine. I think the hotel seems to offer several other amenities that will draw us out of our room. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter