Resort dilemma...

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first Universal only trip for June 2018. "We" are me, Hubs, 17 yo son and 23/24 yo son and his wife. I think we would love the theme of Cabana Bay, and can fit in their suite with no problem. My issue is that I would love to have the Express Unlimited ride access, but really don't want to pay for 2 rooms at Royal Pacific, which would be a huge price increase from the 1 suite at CB.
I've read how people will never go without Express Unlimited ride access, but in this case it's about $254. per night for 1 suite at CB vs. $750. per night for 2 rooms at Royal Pacific. Will it be horrible to not have Express Unlimited? Will the line be terrible because so many other people have it?

no it won't! use single riders line for all roller coaster like The Hulk and Rock it, take into account that Both of the main rides on Harry Potter lands have no express line, the chances of riding on the same vehicle using single rider line is high, using single riders line will save you money and time, specially when everyone in your party are
adults. Save the money and enjoy a nice dinner instead

Another option is to split your stay and splurge for one night at RP. With one night you get both check in and check out day EPs so 2-days of EP. You don't say how long you're staying but you may also want to keep checking for Annual Pass (APH) rates online- they usually come out closer to your dates. A lot of us have found the cost of an annual pass is more than covered by the amount of the hotel savings.

It also depends on how long your stay is. You guys can definitely be strategic and work your way through the parks without an EP. Especially since it's a group of grownups, no kids involved.

Just get the app and work your way around the wait times. Use the EE to get HP rides done.

You will be fine.

If you can make it happen, I would stay at RPR for the EP. June is extremely busy and lines and the heat can be brutal. We usually don't like to split up and use single riders. Although, you could explore purchasing express for a couple of days.

It can definitely be done the way you are describing it. Take advantage of the early entry rope drop. Be there at the front. You can get so much done before 10am, believe me. We did the CB suite and loved the fridge and microwave. We made a quick breakfast of Jimmy Dean egg sandwiches and got on our way early. Uni is also great for taking a midday break when crowds peak. Then do many more rides as the evening comes on. You will be fine.

Hi I agree with the spit stay for the EP. We are staying at CBBR for a week in late July and staying at RPR for one night to get the EP pass for two days. We will be doing VB for two days and then resort for two days. I love split stays!

Thanks, everyone. It sounds like it would be do-able. I'll also look into the cost of getting 2 rooms at RP for our last night.

If there are 5 of you, book a single room at RPR for one night plus a roll away bed. Then I think all 5 of you can get the EPs for only 1 room.

It costs a little more but way less than 2 rooms

Like the sound of this as I am in a similar situation with first visit to Universal - but a quick look suggests the $685 pass is required and even that only gives fast pass after 4pm - have I read that right?

Like the sound of this as I am in a similar situation with first visit to Universal - but a quick look suggests the $685 pass is required and even that only gives fast pass after 4pm - have I read that right?

Required for what? What are you trying to do?

Trying to help...when you stay onsite at Universal you get perks *no matter how you book it*. If you stay at a deluxe resort (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino) you get both early entrance to (usually) one Wizarding World a day (whichever one they have open that day) and you get Unlimited Express Pass from check in through check out day. This does not require Express Pass to be on your ticket or AP.

If you stay at a non-deluxe (Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls) you get early entrance to Wizarding World.

To get an AP discount on the room, if there is an AP discount for your dates when you check, that comes even with the seasonal AP. Unless you want to go to Volcano Bay, you don't need the 3 park AP.

The AP that has Express Pass on it would be best for people NOT staying onsite, or staying at CB or SF, because EP is included with the deluxe stay.

And holy moly did APs get expensive. I'm actually getting emotional about it. Dang.

Which AP has express? My daughter has the preferred. I'm thinking of renewing hers because I think it's only like $290 if I renew.

Which AP has express? My daughter has the preferred. I'm thinking of renewing hers because I think it's only like $290 if I renew.
The premier and its only a one time per ride use after 4pm. I have preferred so I don't know exactly how it works.

The premier and its only a one time per ride use after 4pm. I have preferred so I don't know exactly how it works.

Thank you I think I will stick with preferred for her.

Sorry I wasnt clear....
I looked into buying AP but to get the Express unlimited the AP is expensive.

Thanks for info that helps also

Required for what? What are you trying to do?

Trying to help...when you stay onsite at Universal you get perks *no matter how you book it*. If you stay at a deluxe resort (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino) you get both early entrance to (usually) one Wizarding World a day (whichever one they have open that day) and you get Unlimited Express Pass from check in through check out day. This does not require Express Pass to be on your ticket or AP.

If you stay at a non-deluxe (Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls) you get early entrance to Wizarding World.

To get an AP discount on the room, if there is an AP discount for your dates when you check, that comes even with the seasonal AP. Unless you want to go to Volcano Bay, you don't need the 3 park AP.

The AP that has Express Pass on it would be best for people NOT staying onsite, or staying at CB or SF, because EP is included with the deluxe stay.

And holy moly did APs get expensive. I'm actually getting emotional about it. Dang.

Sorry I wasnt clear....
I looked into buying AP but to get the Express unlimited the AP is expensive (that why I was saying the $685 AP was required to get the Express pass included) .

Thanks for info that helps also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter