• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Dining Reviews (+ 1 Epcot)

Maleficent13

<font color=blue>Heh Heh, you're all gonna die<br>
We only ate at Epcot once, and we tried Season's in the Land. We'd never been there before. We got there about noon on a Tuesday, and it was not crowded at all. We had:

(2) Black Forest Ham and Salami Grinder $7.59; Bud Light $5.00, Chips, 3 @ $2.00 Rice Krispie Treats, (2) @ $2.29, Regular Coke $2.19

The sandwiches were excellent, and the atmosphere was pleasant. The foccia bread was a bit chewy, but good nonetheless. I would like to go back and try the Asian selections, which looked yummy. 4 out of 5

The rest of the selections are from resort eateries:

Beaches and Cream:

Burger - juicy beef patty served on a fresh baked bun topped with lettuce, tomato and pickle. Served with french fries or fresh fruit. Single $7.89 Coke $2.29

Hot Dog - all beef hot dog on a toasted bun $6.49. Add your favorite fixin': sauerkraut, cheese or chili $.99 each Lime Rickey - the classic thirst quencher, cherry and lime-flavored soda pop $2.59

All very good. I was excited that the lime rickey had a good mix of flavors (the last time I ordered it was all seltzer). What else can you say about a burger and a hot dog? Unfortunately, we didn't have time for ice cream (I know, how awful!!) but we did see several kitchen sinks being delivered. 4 out of 5

Cape May Character Breakfast:

Adults $18.99 I was not impressed by this breakfast. Everything was cold. Our ADR was at 8:30 and yet everything was cold. I've had excellent buffets there, so I'm not sure what the problem was, but it was basically inedible. The characters were excellent though. Oh, and I have an "******* OF THE DAY" award to give to the guy at the table next to us, who apparently did not realize that there would be kids at a character breakfast. 2 out of 5 for the characters

Hoop-De-Do Review

Tossed Salad
Loaf of bread and honey butter
Fried Chicken
Louisiana Style Smoked Pork Ribs
Corn on the Cob
Country Style Baked Beans
Strawberry Shortcake

Good grub, good show. Never fails to make me crack up, and I've seen it 20 times. :thumbsup2 Food was better than usual as well, and I really enjoyed the ribs this time. Did they used to be beef? Possibly I liked them better because they are now pork ribs? 5 out of 5

Grand Floridian Cafe (lunch):

The Grand Sandwich - open faced hot turkey and ham with a rich Boursin cheese sauce and French onion straws $11.99 Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake topped with more chocolate $2.39 Also had a Bailey's and coffee

Cobb Salad - diced turkey, bacon, avocado, bleu cheese, eggs, chives and tomatoes on shredded green leaf lettuce $12.99 Chocolate Fondue - dark chocolate ganache, accompanied by diced fruit for dipping $5.99 Also had Amaretto and coffee.

Everything here was absolutely scrumptious (and that is not a word I use often...or ever!!) I love this restaurant and make sure I get at least one visit in per trip. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a break from the parks for a quiet lunch. 5 out of 5

Olivia's (Breakfast):

We ate here twice and had the exact same thing each time, it was that good. Very sweet server (same both times). 5 out of 5

Fresh Strawberries and Cream $4.29 Buttermilk Pancakes with ham $7.59; Freshly brewed coffee $2.19

Olivia's Breakfast - Two eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Toast, Sausage, $7.49 Orange juice $2.29

Olivia's (Dinner):

Mozzarella and Tomato Stack - with mixed greens and balsamic syrup $7.99 Pork Chop glazed with Myers's Dark Rum and served with mashed sweet potatoes $18.99

Grilled 10 oz. Prime Marinated Top Sirloin Steak with Olivia's potatoes and fried onion rings $21.99

LOVED the tomato stack, and the pork chop was good. DH did not care for the sirloin, but said it was edible. The server was excellent here. 4 out of 5.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great reviews. What was the fruit that came with the fondue at the GF Cafe? I am thinking of trying dinner for my next trip and wanted to try the fondue. :banana:

TIA,

Loralie

Thanks for sharing your reviews, GF Cafe sounds yummy. I'll have to put it on the list. :tinker:

loralie said:
Great reviews. What was the fruit that came with the fondue at the GF Cafe? I am thinking of trying dinner for my next trip and wanted to try the fondue. :banana:

TIA,

Loralie

There were definitely bananas, strawberries and marshmallows (the sugar fruit, you know! ;) ). There may have been one other fruit but it escapes memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter