Resort Hopping from the Fort

This would be my recommendation. However I don't know if you are staying on site. If known can give additional suggestions.

Get to the Poly, wonder around, walk to Grand Floridian. Take monorail from GF to Contemporary. Take boat to Fort Wilderness, wonder around, take boat from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge.

Yes... sorry, I assumed "from the Fort" would be obvious! We want to spend one day visiting some resorts on our next trip and we stay at the Fort.

I guess we could do that backwards too? Is there a boat from FWL to the Contemporary?
We would take the monorail from Contemporary to GF to walk to Poly. I like that idea!

RWC the same boats that run from FtW over to the Contemporary and WL run between WL and CR there were 2 running when we were there in Dec/Jan . They ran in opposite directions think FtW to CR to WL back to FtW other FtW to WL to CR back to FtW Hope that helps

Me neither. But if you're resort hopping, the Wave lounge is a really nice cool quiet place to just chill out for a bit. Its one of secret hiding spots.
We ended up at the Wave a few trips ago. For some reason we never considered it, but we couldn't get a reservation at Cali Grill and have had Chef Mickey a few too many times. We really enjoyed the Wave. Good food, pretty good service. The atmosphere feels a little dark, but I agree, hidden gem.

For hanging out with a drink though, I prefer the Outer Rim bar. Great views of Bay Lake.

j

Boat to MK-Monorail to HS- bus to AKL, then bus back to Epcot, skyliner to Pop (because we miss it) then bus to MK and boat to Wilderness lodge.

oh man. That looks like a long day. Whew.
This has a couple of problems. First, the monorail doesn’t go to Hollywood studios. Second, the bus stops at Epcot are not where the skyliner station is. Epcot has two entrances. The bus stops at one entrance and the skyliner is at the other entrance. You can’t get between the two without entering Epcot.

So if I were starting at the fort and wanted to visit animal kingdom lodge (AKL), Beaches and cream, pop century and the wilderness lodge (I think those are the ones you mentioned): I would boat to magic kingdom, bus to AKL, bus to Hollywood Studios, boat or walk to beach club (or skyliner to epcot but that requires a transfer), skyliner to pop century. From here either skyliner back to Hollywood studios then bus to wilderness lodge, or bus to magic kingdom then boat to wilderness lodge. Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are connected by boat. Once upon a time, there was a trail between the two, but it is closed during construction of the new resort.

If you want a monorail ride, I would take the boat from the fort to the contemporary. Get off at magic kingdom to catch a bus to a resort (Animal kingdom lodge, beach club, or pop century). On the walk from Hollywood studios to beaches and cream you will pass through the boardwalk.

Aside from our favorite biking over to WL (not sure you can do this now they are building maybe another knows) what we enjoy is to take the boat from FW over to MK and then take the monorail around where you can stop at Contemporary, Grand Floridian and our favorite Polynesian. Make a dining reservation at one of them during the fireworks or enjoy the water parade on one of their beaches. We always do that every year and love it. Other favorites of ours are Animal Kingdom and the Boardwalk resorts. I do like the idea another mentioned of doing the new gondola.

Last edited:
Good to know that you can't just ride the Skyliner without having a park day! That changes things a bit.

By MK to HS, I meant by way of monorail/transportation center(bus) but taking a bus straight to HS would make more sense time wise.

If nothing else, we want to go see Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian and anything else would be just extra fun.

Our Gondola ride may just be us going to get the kids from our Aunt and Uncle after they take them to Beaches and Cream and on the gondola to Popcentury for a mid-day swim. Maybe that will need to be our (super early and possibly only a half ) HS day

Aside from our favorite biking over to WL (not sure you can do this now they are building maybe another knows)
Unfortunately, no, you can no longer bike that beautiful nature path over to WL. It was one of the first things they closed down as soon as they turned that first shovel of dirt. Sad 😢 it’s gone the way of the old River Country. “Pave paradise put up a parking lot”

Good to know that you can't just ride the Skyliner without having a park day! That changes things a bit.
You can take the skyliner from Hollywood studios station without park admission. Just wanted to mention that a bus to epcot would not be useful. But you can bus to Hollywood studios and then take the skyliner, no park ticket required. From Hollywood studios you can also take a boat or walk to the boardwalk, yacht and beach clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter