Resort pens and paper

The two pens they gave you, were they the regular Bic like pens with Walt Disney resorts stamped on them?
That’s them! Round, non-ridged white(ish) body, gold letters. We took them for granted for years - - who knew these would ever become coveted!

Reactions: dfb

I grew up with coasters ingrained into my brain.
If my mother ever caught me NOT using a coaster, I’d be in for a whoopin’.
To this day I just can’t go without a coaster, and still make sure my wife has one.

ETA: Same can be said for writing on a table without a thick magazine (or similar) underneath.

I grew up with coasters ingrained into my brain.
If my mother ever caught me NOT using a coaster, I’d be in for a whoopin’.
To this day I just can’t go without a coaster, and still make sure my wife has one.

ETA: Same can be said for writing on a table without a thick magazine (or similar) underneath.

Are you my husband? :-)

Thanks all. Looks like you may or may not have them in your room but also looks like it’s trending to go away.

To me, that seems so cheap of Disney not to offer the pens and paper. They used to put them right next to the phone in case you want to take notes. And if you're going to say that it's for environmental purposes, I think of the National Parks, which are VERY environmentally conscious (last year they wouldn't sell bottled water-saving plastic, and of course no trial sizes, no straws, etc.) they DO offer the pens and paper. So inconvenient to be on the phone and need to write somkething down.

I had none at Jambo, none at Art of Animation, and none at Caribbean Beach. Guess they gave them all to BLT.

Does anybody actually use those coasters as coasters, rather than as note pads?

Yes all the time and I always use coasters at home. I don't like rings on my furniture and coasters solve that problem.

We were at WDW 1/19 through 2/2/20 staying at BWV, no pad of paper or pen and I didn't ask. If I had I'm sure I would have gotten both items.

We were at Vero Beach 2/2 through 2/8/20, at check in I asked for paper and pen. I was given two very, very thin pads of paper and a WDR white pen. I too think it's a penny pinching move on the part of Disney to discontinue paper and pen. I'm not a betting person but I would put money on it that it only costs pennies for both items when bought in bulk as Disney does. Just my two cents.

We requested a note pad and pen when we were AKL-Jambo last week, and they quickly brought us up 2 of each. We do actually use these to write on, and in fact they came in handy because we booked a bounce back and needed to write down the confirmation number!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter