Resorts excluded for free dining?

dtl62

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are booked at POFQ in Oct, and our dates qualified us for the free dining offer. However, after looking into it I found that all of the moderates EXCEPT POFQ offer free dining, but POFQ is excluded. Is this common practice for Disney? Has anyone ever had any luck getting another resort by being put on the wait list?

Pofq is very small and very popular - they have no problem Filling the resort without free dining so it's not offered. Never heard of a wait list but you can keep checking the Disney website as I've seen resorts not avail and then it opens up -- whether due to cancelation or Disney releasing more

Last edited:
They don't do wait lists for resorts. It's all first come first served. Keep checking for openings as people cancel and move all the time.

Thank you both for the information.

So I was able to change resorts to Riverside,(must have been a cancellation) which shows as being eligible for the free dining for arrivals through Oct 2. We are arriving on Oct 2, but when I went to add the free dining it comes up with

• Sorry, we could not find the offer you were looking for.
  • Another offer can be viewed below.

Has anyone else run into this? Do they actually still not honor the offer even though your package qualifies? I had no other "special offers" in my package. Just standard pricing.

Your package won't qualify unless there are still promotion rooms available. It's possible they are all sold out of rooms on the promotion for your dates. If even only one day is not available, the website will tell you the whole trip is not available.

Just because there are rooms available at Riverside doesn't mean there are still free dining rooms available there. The promotion is only applicable for limited rooms at each resort.

Rooms with the FD promo are limited.

If they're allowing 10 rooms and you're the 11th they won't apply it.

The promo was very limited for that time frame. If you can move your dates a little you might find something. I always call if I want to do that and sometimes the CM finds an opening.

POFQ is seldom included, however if you are planning a return trip, book a bounce back when you are in WDW. Many times POFQ is included in BB offers.

Oops, sorry about that. I inadvertently made new entries. Thanks for letting me know Jadyreen.

Thank you for the advice anyway Nancy. I only wish I was planning a trip so I could use it,lol.

Oops, sorry about that. I inadvertently made new entries. Thanks for letting me know Jadyreen.

Thank you for the advice anyway Nancy. I only wish I was planning a trip so I could use it,lol.

My pleasure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter