Response from DCL: RE new ship(s) & Itinarary

tstobb

DIS Veteran
I just received this from DCL in response to an e-mail opinion I sent them regarding a Med cruise:

"10/25/02

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are always looking at ways to build on the great Disney Cruise Line experience that we have today, and we evaluate alternate itineraries for the future based on guest demand on a regular basis.

Despite speculation that we have, we have not contracted to build a third ship, nor are we forecasting the schedule of any possible future ships. The mobility of cruise ships opens up lots of possibilities over time, but we have no specific plans to leave the Caribbean. We appreciate your feedback and your
comments will be reviewed along with those received from our other guests.

We look forward to the chance to sail with you.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
Disney Cruise Line Guest Communications"

I got the same form letter response. Even if the plans are in the works, I doubt they would acknowledge it until ready to make a public announcement with all the details - itinerary, $$$, dates, etc. Will continue to hope though!

Captain Henry said that there is a committee working with some shipbuilding companies evaluating more ships. He also stated that alternative itineraries are a real possibility.

I also heard Captain Henry say this at the Castaway Club reception on the 10/17 sailing of the Wonder. Lots of discussion going on right now, but nothing definite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter