Restaurants Choices

Timbo

Mouseketeer
How does this look for our upcoming trip for our main dinners. We missed our spring trip because of family illness so I want to make this a very special trip. It's just my wife and I so we are going we are going upscale with our choices. The only restaurant that we have been to is Spoodles and loved that experience. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Fri - Offsite - Melting Pot

Sat - Offsite - Thcoup Chop - Chef's banquet

Sun - onsite - Spoodles then MNSSHP

Mon - Victoria and Alberts - Chef's Table

Tues - Jiko

Wed - Flying Fish

Thurs - Yachtsmans Steak House

Fri - Bistro De Paris

Sat - California Grill

We will be having very light breakfasts and will attend the Food and Wine fest for all the goodies there at lunch time. Then we diet for the next 6 months.

Looks good. Melting Pot is pretty good, but do be sure to call for a reservation. It's surprising how popular that place is, particularly on weekends. There are many nice places to eat in that particular area of Sand Lake/Dr. Phillips. You might want to explore a bit before or after dinner, for future reference.

Emeril's newest is his tribute to Hawaiian and Polynesian cuisine. If that doesn't appeal to you, you may want to stick with "Emeril's" in CityWalk. That has his more traditional menu (if anything Emeril does can be considered traditional) with lucisous choices!

Spoodle's has fallen off of late. I hope you find it as good as you remember.

Your other choices sound quite nice, too! I think you will be happy with your selections (if not your end of trip meal total!) so enjoy!

You have almost all of my favorites on your list! I know you will be eating good!

We have a Melting Pot about 10 miles from our house, It is the choice for birthday night for most family members. We love the place.

My internet connection has been down for awhile and I just wanted to say thanks for the reply's.

Wow, Timbo, you know how to pick 'em. What a great lineup!

My only tweak would be to reconsider Spoodles and give Artist Point a try. That way, you'd be eating a broad swath across the WDW resorts. Artist Point's signature dish, the cedar plank salmon, is just really, really fine.

Re Tchoup-Chop: we live right up the road from New Orleans, and have tried all three of Emeril's restaurants. So, frankly, I'm jealous, 'cause this is not typical Emeril's (if anything he does is ever typical.)

That, and the chef's table on the same trip. MAN.

Dreamfinder2:

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we will try Artist Point and get to checkout the Wilderness Lodge. That's what is great about this forum. The input from everyone on this board helped me so much in planning our trip. This trip is going to very special and I can't wait to share our experiences with these restaurants with all on this forum.

The Food Network had a show on a week or two ago about weddings in WDW. Part of the program was on the chef's table at V&A. It was incredible. I knew it was good but to see the different courses and the presentations blew my wife and away. Can't wait to get down there.

Wow! Great choices. All of my favorites are included. I'm not a fan of Melting Pot but if you've never been then you may enjoy the experience. I rather not have to cook my own meal ;)
Tchoup Tchop is excellent!
Jiko anf FF are my two top favorites.
I'm salivating!
Enjoy:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter