Return time near park close

stormer

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of hopping over to AK tomorrow night. We would probably get there about 6:00 with an 8:00 closing time. Would we be able to get a return time for FOP if the wait is over 2 hours ( meaning technically the return time would be after park close)?

Sorry, but can you explain what you mean by a 'return time'? I'm not clear what you are referring to. Fast pass?

We are thinking of hopping over to AK tomorrow night. We would probably get there about 6:00 with an 8:00 closing time. Would we be able to get a return time for FOP if the wait is over 2 hours ( meaning technically the return time would be after park close)?
Yes as long as other guest can get in line you can ask and get a return time

I think, for most rides, the standby line is open till the published park closing. I believe you should be able to get a DAS return time as long as they are allowing people to join the standby line.

From what I've heard, they will estimate the end of the lines for these attractions so folks in the standby are in at or just after closing. They will cut off the standby lines at some point based on that estimate. You might be cutting it really close if you are hoping for a line of less than 120 minutes 2 hours before closing. And with tomorrow being a Friday, it might be pretty busy. But I hope it works out for you. Any chance to ride FOP is worth it! Love that experience.

From what I've heard, they will estimate the end of the lines for these attractions so folks in the standby are in at or just after closing. They will cut off the standby lines at some point based on that estimate. You might be cutting it really close if you are hoping for a line of less than 120 minutes 2 hours before closing. And with tomorrow being a Friday, it might be pretty busy. But I hope it works out for you. Any chance to ride FOP is worth it! Love that experience.
Nope they do not cut lines early but in very few cases and they would not cut a line two hours early ( when FOP first opens they did cut the line early but have not for a while). Disney know how late the lines will be so they have cast schedule for that time also they tent to inflate the time latter in the day so guest think the line is really longer then what is posted. Also when the FP lines close the standby moves much faster. OP if you are there two hours before park close you should have no problem getting a return time to ride

Nope they do not cut lines early but in very few cases and they would not cut a line two hours early ( when FOP first opens they did cut the line early but have not for a while). Disney know how late the lines will be so they have cast schedule for that time also they tent to inflate the time latter in the day so guest think the line is really longer then what is posted. Also when the FP lines close the standby moves much faster. OP if you are there two hours before park close you should have no problem getting a return time to ride

Thanks - good to know. When we had asked about that at the park last month, they made it sound like the work to have the standby line completed around closing time - or shortly after. But we have definitely seen some of the wait times inflated towards the end of the night - in what appeared to be an effort to discourage folks from heading to the attraction to get in line! A little mental block for folks looking it up on the app!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter