*** Return to the World *** PTR

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Hi, This is my first ever trip report.....so please be kind ;)
My name is Charlene and I am 35. I am married to Brian (38) we have been together for 19 years and married for 7 years (celebrating our 7 yr anniversary the week before out trip!) We have 2 sons (B) aged 12 & (T)10.

10420086_10154018289434609_6899416753256453742_n.jpg This is a pic from our first Wdw trip back in 2011.

Hubby and I first trip to wdw was way back in 1997, at the same time but separately with our families, when we were teenagers.

Last edited:
So I started my report on my tablet but apparently that wasn't a good idea as it kept freezing!!! So now on my phone!!

We had our "honeymoon" at Disneyland Paris and had a great time :) That was Sept 2009. We had our first family trip to wdw in June 2011. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and have wanted to go back ever since!! The boys especially liked Hollywood Studios and the water parks. We have been saving hard and are going back to Florida for 2 weeks at the end of July - 4 weeks today!!! So excited!!! We will also be doing 4 days at Universal/IOA. We also love Harry Potter :) Hubby is Star Wars mad and eldest DS likes it too. Youngest DS and I are not interested in Star Wars at all!

1934895_152238544608_3984431_n.jpg This is from our honeymoon in Sept 2009.
1934895_152238854608_6716355_n.jpg This is one of my all time faves of my youngest DS :)

So, we ate flying from Gatwick on 27th July. We will be leaving home around 6am to be at the airport in plenty of time for our 1120 flight. We are flying with Virgin :)
Unfortunately we were not able to stay on site as I had hoped, due to cost. We are staying at Maingate Lakeside. I was originally put off by some of the reviews but as long as it's CLEAN it'll be fine
We're only sleeping there. It's really close to the parks and has lots of restaurants nearby.

Plans so far..........

Weds 27th July - arrive MCO 320 (local time) pick up hire car and drive to resort. Go to Walmart and maybe Disney Springs
Thurs 28th - MK splash fp 325-425
Big thunder 430-530
7DMT 540-640
Fri 29th - Epcot Garden Grill 820
spaceship earth 12-1
Turtle talk 115-215
soarin 225-325
Sat 30th - Hollywood Studios Sci Fi 545pm
Sun 31- Typhoon Lagoon
Mon 1st - Islands of Adventure
Tues 2nd - Islands of Adventure
Wed 3 - Blizzard Beach
Thursday 4 - Magic Kingdom
Fri 5 - Animal Kingdom
Sat 6 - Epcot (am) beaches and cream 150pm Hollywood Studios (pm)
Sun 7 - Typhoon Lagoon
Mon 8th - Universal Studios
Tues 9th - Universal Studioa
Wed 10th - departure day :(

We only have one character meal as I'm not sure if my boys will be that interested now...We have lots of photos with the characters from our last trip. However, I wanted some pics so that's why I booked here. We did Crystal Palace and Turkey House last time and although enjoyed both, wanted to do something different.
285136_10150277848154609_7008687_n.jpg

284269_10150267801129609_1172010_n.jpg

My eldest is looking forward to Garden Grill, he is interested in the restaurant moving. Youngest is looking forward to Sci Fi and we are all looking forward to beaches and cream. When I first booked beaches and cream I was 100% sure that we would order the kitchen sink.....but the more I thought about it, I couldn't justify the money plus there are different elements all of us wouldn't like....hubby and youngest don't like mint choc chip, eldest and I don't like peanut or nut anything, neither child likes coffee (I love coffee ice cream!) So we decided we'd split 2 sundaes between the 4 of us......then I found out they do a chocolate lovers kitchen sink......so now I don't know what to do!!

I have our days planned out, but they are not set in stone, I understand things may have to change....last time, I'd planned a whole day in AK, but we left not long after our Turkey House adr as we were all completely shattered! We ended up back at the hotel for a nap, and then pool time.
We were lucky enough to spend 3 weeks in florida last time...We did seaworld, aquatica, busch gardens and wet n wild. This time just Disney and Universal. I would have liked to have done discovery cove (dolphin swim) and maybe Kennedy space centre but just not enough time!
Obviously we have 3 adrs, hoping to have breakfast outside the park and snack around lunch time , then possibly eat on the way home. Trying to keep costs down! We have memory maker included with our tickets (which I didn't know until after I had purchased MM separately buy luckily Disney refunded it!!) I love photos.....
Am glad I had photopass last trip as we got some great photos and I wouldn't have been in them if I'd been behind the camera. Not sure if the boys will be impressed with all the photo taking this time....I am looking forward to the ride photos and videos :)

So,
adrs booked
fp booked (that I can do)
ESTA done
dollars purchased (only got £500 planning on using credit card (Halifax clarity - no conversion fee)
Lots of new (disney) clothes purchased
sorted travel insurance

Need to:
Email/join up to steak n shake/cicis pizza/sweet tomatoes etc. For coupons/voucher codes
Purchase kids eat free card for youngest
Print all relevant documents including directions from airport to resort!
Book seats/online check in
pack :)

Think that will be all for one night lol ;)
Will leave you with one more pic...... 282769_10150267780524609_3077243_n.jpg

Love this :) night all :)

Last edited:
Super exciting! I love your plans so far and I'm sure it will be an amazing time. I also went a little crazy with outfits for the days. You have a beautiful family, the boys look like they had a great trip last time. Have you ever done the pirate league? I scheduled that this year for my SO, DD and myself.

Super exciting! I love your plans so far and I'm sure it will be an amazing time. I also went a little crazy with outfits for the days. You have a beautiful family, the boys look like they had a great trip last time. Have you ever done the pirate league? I scheduled that this year for my SO, DD and myself.

:welcome::welcome:

Thanks for following along.
It's great that we will be at wdw at the same time :)
Aw, thank you for your kind words - we had an amazing trip last time.
We didn't do the Pirates League as I didn't realise it existed last time and now I think they are too old and definitely wouldn't be interested. Hope you all enjoy it :)

:flower1::flower1:

(Ha-just playing :) )

Have been very busy the last few days, I have brought a new car as our old one needed a new engine and it wasn't worth spending the money on it! I have been very busy at work also. Anyway, I have just read through the start of my report and noticed some spelling mistakes! Stupid phone :furious:
turkey house?? :ssst:

Anyway, I've been trying hard to sort fastpasses the last couple days, and roughly plan our days....

Our first park day is Magic Kingdom 28/7
Planning to get there as close to rope drop as possible....(?=depends on wait time, ?* =depends on wait time, hoping for FP for another day)

Space mountain?*
Carousel of progress
People mover?
Astro orbiter?
Buzz?
Tomorrowland Speedway?*
Mad hatter tea party?
Barnstormer?
Little mermaid?
Royal Carousel
Philarmagic?
Haunted Mansion
Hall of presidents
Tom sawyer island?
Splash Mt. FP 325-425
Big Thunder FP 430-530
7DMT FP 540-630

Then just play it by ear. Although there is obviously a list above, it is all very dependant on wait times and what everyone wants to do. We may leave the park after our FP or may stay until park close. Will just have to wait and see :)

282671_10150277852844609_5590793_n.jpg

Plans:

29/7 Epcot
820am ADR Garden Grill
Head to soarin straight after breakfast
Turtle talk
Tour future world if time
Test Track FP 1120-1220
Tour world showcase - desserts around the world :)
Mission space FP 445-545
Anything not done earlier in future world
Spaceship earth FP 655-755

30/7 Hollywood Studios
Head straight to Toystory
FP 150-250 tower of terror
FP 305-405 rock n rollercoaster
FP 430-530 star tours

545 ADR sci fi diner

31/7 Typhoon Lagoon lazy(ish) day
Arrive when we get there. Leave when we want.
Have booked FP for Animal Kingdom if we decide to visit.
FP safari 630-730
FP jungle book 825-845
FP Primaeval whirl 955-1055

1/7 Islands of adventure
2/7 Universal studios

3/8 blizzard beach
Visit Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic (no FP)
FP Toystory 730-830

4/5 Magic Kingdom (2nd day)
FP pirates of Caribbean 1210-110
Tomorrowland speedway 250-350
Space Mountain 530-630
(These may change depending what we managed to ride on day 1)

So that's my plans so far.....
Sorted travel insurance.
Still need to purchase kids eat free card and subscribe to restaurants for discounts etc. Starting to get very real now!!!

:stitch::simba::tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

3 weeks/21 days to go!!:rainbow:

So excited :yay:

Just ordered an Orlando kids eat free card for youngest son (T). Hopefully that will save us some dollars.

Came home from work to find our tickets and travel documents have arrived :)

Also made our FP for our Animal Kingdom day :)

Just wanted to check in quickly. FP all booked now and after emailing guest services last week - these arrive today :)

Oh! Cannot upload my pic! My park maps arrived today :)

:rainbow:

Apparently all my files are too large to upload?? Slightly disappointed as wanted to upload pics of my countdown calender I just made.

We have borrowed 2 large suitcases, so now we have 3.....hopefully that's all we'll need! I may have gone a little mad when buying new clothes.....

Hubby and I celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary today, and also celebrate that we have been together just overy 20 years :) and also doing the single digit dance - 9 days until FLORIDA!! A little excited lol.
Can't seem to local a pic of hubby and I but here are B & T on our wedding day :)

1934895_145838824608_8222726_n.jpg

I think the only things left to do are to re iron and pack our suitcases (just threw everything in them to get it out of the way!) And then online check in on Tues and print our boarding passes and choose our seats. Our kids eat free card hasn't arrived yet but I guess we have plenty of time for that to arrive. I still have 5 shifts left at work...last one is Saturday. I want to clean my windows and wash my nets at the weekend - why do we always make sure everything is extra clean before going on holiday? Need to take our rabbits (Fudge & Cookie) to stay with my Mum on Monday too.

So that's about it for now :)

Well, I finished work on Saturday and now only 2 days until we leave :) so.excited!!
I have ironed and packed our (3) suitcases. Have gotten everything together ready. Have taken the rabbits to my Mums for their holiday ;)
Picked up the boys new glasses so we have spares just in case. Just need to go over the house tomorrow and do online check in, choose our seats and print boarding passes. Oh and get my nails done of course :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter