• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Returning to the Mother Land: Mac Daddy and his Mac Diddies take WDW

Krisscot

Mouseketeer
Well, I have decided to come out of the shadows of Lurkdom and start to write a PTR. I am anxiously counting down the days to the highly anticipated FALL BREAK vacation with 13 glorious WDW days ahead of us.

If you couldn't already tell with my salivation over Fall Break, is YES I am a teacher. A high school one at that. I teach high school Junior English and Junior AP English. I know I am crazy. My name is Kristen MacKenzie or kmac for short. I am 38 and I am a closet disney addict.

My DH I'm sure is a DIsney addict too he just won't admit it. He is a police officer and way to manly to admit such things. However, with that being said he has two DD. DD11 who thinks she is 20 and DD5 who is convinced she really is a princess. SO being surrounded with Mac Diddies (or women/girls) and spoiling us rotten involves WDW he will gladly put on a Mickey shirt, pack up his manly gear, and carry around a princess wand after DD5 doesn't want to carry it anymore.

I will add pictures soon.. I am just not at a computer with my photos at this time :laughing:

Our Disney history goes back insanely far. My husband's family worked for Disneyland forever. His dad was actually one of the lucky kids who went to Disneyland the first day it opened. His grandmother still lives in their original house in ANaheim. His Dad worked for Disneyland as an engineer for 35 years before he passed away, his mother retired from Disneyland, and his uncle has worked there for 37 years. They are lifers. :rotfl2:

I worked at Disneyland on the college program and my husband worked there in high school. And of course we met at ........ Nordstrom. :laughing: None of us could afford to live in good ole Cali without a second job so there you have it we became Nordies too. But you can't live the college lifestyle forever, so we moved back to AZ where I am from and got married. :hug: 17 years and 2 kids later we have been to WDW at least 10 times (including our honeymoon) This will be DD5's 4th trip (her dad spoils her more than the rest of us.) THe first trip when she was just 6 weeks old.

Even though we have been plenty of times before it doesn't stop me from counting down the days, making and remaking reservations, agonizing over planning decisions, make packing lists, try to pack 3 weeks early (until my DH puts his foot down), and fantically reading the DIS boards. I thougt I should start to write because then I actually have a purpose and my DH won't think I am off my rocker.

So according to the white board on my classroom door it is 16 DAYS LEFT TO FALL BREAK!

Up next the massive itinirary...Or the EPIC of planning:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter