Reunion Resort vs. Bonnet Creek vs. ??? for Thanksgiving

jennybdis

Mouseketeer
We're purposely looking for an off-site RESORT for Thanksgiving as our kids are getting a little Disney burned out after we went three times for short, extended weekend trips over the summer. I think we're also looking to do a resort day--weather permitting--and spend time at the pools at the resort and just relax. We also would like a kitchen as I think we'll plan to cook in for Thanksgiving.

We're planning to rent a car, so transportation to the parks isn't necessary. We do plan to hit the parks, but will likely just do our three fast passes, maybe grab something to eat, and then leave.

What we'd love is something clean and impressive, affordable ($250ish a night) for a villa with a kitchen, and has an awesome pool area on par with a lot of the Disney deluxe resorts.

We haven't stayed off site since 2009, and that was when we rented a house. I've considered Bonnet Creek and Reunion Resort before, and wonder if anyone has any thoughts about which is nicer/better, and if there are other places you'd consider? I'd prefer a villa over a home--something with 1-2 bedrooms and a kitchen. We're even OK if it's a bit of a drive from Disney.

Thanks for any advice!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit at Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa in 2015, coincidentally, at Thanksgiving.

https://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/

We had our own rental car and it wasn't a bad drive to the parks at all. They do also offer a scheduled shuttle if you like that (can't comment as we did not use).

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit (they have 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units) -- it was myself, DH, 3 kids, and my parents. It had 2 bathrooms, living room, full kitchen (fridge, stove/oven, microwave, sink, coffee maker, kitchen table, breakfast bar), balcony. The master bathroom had a big whirlpool tub and was open/conjoined into the master bedroom. Our room overlooked the smaller "quiet" pool. There is also a large feature pool with a big pirate ship in the middle that has a slide. If I remember correctly that pool is also zero entry. There is a pool bar at that pool as well. They have a fitness center and a spa.

They also have a convenience store, a Pizza Hut express, and an Irish Pub (that's actually where we ate our Thanksgiving meal!).

I think it was also pretty close to a shopping outlet (can't remember which in particular).

I considered the price very reasonable. I can't however remember if there was a parking charge (I think there might be), but there was for sure a resort fee. Even with all of that, still pretty reasonable for the space and amenities.

We've stayed at both Reunion and WBC and far prefer WBC for its proximity to the parks and all the action. Reunion was nice, but it is rather far from the action.

Try Timeshare Users group marketplace-there are a few weeks for rent right now at various resorts for Thanksgiving week.
Any of the Marriotts have a nice resort feel-we've stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour twice this past year-great pools, gorgeous villas, sauna, pool bars, tennis court, basket ball court, putt putt golf, shuffle board, (all free), activities at main pool. The "Palms" of Marriot vacation clubs also have access to Marriott world center with their slides/pool. Sabal Palms is closest-we actually walked over several times when we stayed at Sabal Palms although they will give you a ride on a shuttle or golf cart free of charge. Our past few vacations to Orlando we have made time to just chill at the resorts. The bonus of an offsite resort like Marriott Vacation club is it never feels as crowded as a Disney resort. We were there for Thanksgiving week last year too, and did just what you were describing-I think the longest we stayed in a park was 6 hours. We went one night just for the Jingle bell Jingle bam show at DHS.

Heading out tomorrow for a stay at Marriott Harbour Lake-haven't stayed here in years, but they were just finishing construction on the Pirate pool when we stayed last.

We've stayed at both Reunion and WBC and far prefer WBC for its proximity to the parks and all the action. Reunion was nice, but it is rather far from the action.

Thank you! If you didn't care about proximity, which would you pick?

Try Timeshare Users group marketplace-there are a few weeks for rent right now at various resorts for Thanksgiving week.
Any of the Marriotts have a nice resort feel-we've stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour twice this past year-great pools, gorgeous villas, sauna, pool bars, tennis court, basket ball court, putt putt golf, shuffle board, (all free), activities at main pool. The "Palms" of Marriot vacation clubs also have access to Marriott world center with their slides/pool. Sabal Palms is closest-we actually walked over several times when we stayed at Sabal Palms although they will give you a ride on a shuttle or golf cart free of charge. Our past few vacations to Orlando we have made time to just chill at the resorts. The bonus of an offsite resort like Marriott Vacation club is it never feels as crowded as a Disney resort. We were there for Thanksgiving week last year too, and did just what you were describing-I think the longest we stayed in a park was 6 hours. We went one night just for the Jingle bell Jingle bam show at DHS.

Heading out tomorrow for a stay at Marriott Harbour Lake-haven't stayed here in years, but they were just finishing construction on the Pirate pool when we stayed last.
Thank you!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit at Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa in 2015, coincidentally, at Thanksgiving.

https://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/

We had our own rental car and it wasn't a bad drive to the parks at all. They do also offer a scheduled shuttle if you like that (can't comment as we did not use).

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit (they have 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units) -- it was myself, DH, 3 kids, and my parents. It had 2 bathrooms, living room, full kitchen (fridge, stove/oven, microwave, sink, coffee maker, kitchen table, breakfast bar), balcony. The master bathroom had a big whirlpool tub and was open/conjoined into the master bedroom. Our room overlooked the smaller "quiet" pool. There is also a large feature pool with a big pirate ship in the middle that has a slide. If I remember correctly that pool is also zero entry. There is a pool bar at that pool as well. They have a fitness center and a spa.

They also have a convenience store, a Pizza Hut express, and an Irish Pub (that's actually where we ate our Thanksgiving meal!).

I think it was also pretty close to a shopping outlet (can't remember which in particular).

I considered the price very reasonable. I can't however remember if there was a parking charge (I think there might be), but there was for sure a resort fee. Even with all of that, still pretty reasonable for the space and amenities.
Thank you!

Thank you! If you didn't care about proximity, which would you pick?

WBC. It is a more compact resort and seemed much livelier than Reunion which is a plus for us. The water park at Reunion was very nice, but the limited hours weren't, and the other pools were just okay. And you need a car to get anywhere at Reunion (especially the water park), whereas at WBC we were able to park our car and walk around to the different pools at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter