Reunion Station at Wilderness Lodge to Offer Paid Lounge Experience for DVC Members

aoconnor

WDW Nut
According to WDWNT, Reunion Station (the supposed community hall for CCV/ BRV located behind Geyser Point) will offer a first-of-its-kind paid lounge experience for DVC members.

Per the article, it will offer:

• A paid lounge access option that includes select food and beverages daily during specified morning and evening hours. The option will be available to entire travel parties for the duration of stay, based on availability for an added fee.
  • A variety of premium experiences with a participation fee.
  • Open time for members to visit the space to play family games, etc.
I guess the idea is to create a paid club level type experience which is available to all members?

Not sure how I feel about this. I wonder if it's open to resale buyers or only "real members". I suppose since it's paid they wouldn't care either way.

I can't see ever using this if I'm in a 1br or larger. Might be good for studio stays though. Be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I wonder if this does well, will they extend it to other DVC properties?

Ok I’m confused. Is there new community hall they built with renovation? I don’t remember them having anything but the cubs den.
Thanks
Kerri

Reunion Station isn't a part of the points declaration, so it could be restricted to direct only. On the other hand, it sounds like it would be expected to be financially self-supporting, so restricting it might not serve a purpose.

Reunion Station isn't a part of the points declaration, so it could be restricted to direct only. On the other hand, it sounds like it would be expected to be financially self-supporting, so restricting it might not serve a purpose.
Ok direct I’m “grandfathered” in with my 1st purchase.
I’m very confused though. Who is this directed at? All Dvc members like Top of the lounge with fireworks view.. that is free though.
Is DVC trying to get traffic to wilderness lodge with this to sell CRV?
Kerri

I don't know that "paid club level" would be of any value to anyone but those staying at CCV or BRV unless you could rent a cabana for the day or something, as it were.

The premium experiences and open houses, obviously, would have more value. They'd be like the Painting at the Top and the tastings at TOTW, I'd assume.

Ok I’m confused. Is there new community hall they built with renovation? I don’t remember them having anything but the cubs den.
Thanks
Kerri
The Cubs' Den is no longer, gone with the latest renovation. I think that space currently may be storage. As part of the new build at the Lodge, in particular Geyser Point, they added a thing called Reunion Station but haven't been forthcoming in what it will be until now, if this report is correct. Many speculated it would be a community hall for housing family movies at night or other such inclusive activities. This report seems to indicate that it might be more exclusive than that, however. Regardless, I don't see us paying for anything extra in regard to a DVC lounge unless it's an unbelievable bargain. . .and Disney isn't known for those.

The Cubs' Den is no longer, gone with the latest renovation. I think that space currently may be storage. As part of the new build at the Lodge, in particular Geyser Point, they added a thing called Reunion Station but haven't been forthcoming in what it will be until now, if this report is correct. Many speculated it would be a community hall for housing family movies at night or other such inclusive activities. This report seems to indicate that it might be more exclusive than that, however. Regardless, I don't see us paying for anything extra in regard to a DVC lounge unless it's an unbelievable bargain. . .and Disney isn't known for those.

Ahhh DD is a teen now and had many a good night at the cubs den, as well as the other kids clubs. Sorry to see that go. My DD is an only child and enjoyed an hour or 2 there while we had a nice dinner.

As for this new space....gonna have to be amazing! Maybe useful for checki1n check out day? If showers like Aulani?
Don’t know size of space...
But I am excited to see what they offer, I haven’t been “home” since this whole “ boulder creek nonsense”;-)so I hope I am not disappointed.
Thanks
Kerri

I could see a paid experience being useful for check in/check out days if you have a late flight out, or arrive early, etc.

Based on the popularity of club level at AKV, this seems to be something a subset of members would value. Perhaps members will be able to pay with either cash or points.

Worth the experiment, for sure. Will look forward to seeing what is offered. :)
Is club level really that popular? I don’t think it’s popular, just rare.

Wait, so not everyone will be able to use the community hall? Sounds like in the very least there will be limited hours for unpaid guests. That's a shame. We always enjoy the BWV community hall especially when it's raining.

Wait, so not everyone will be able to use the community hall? Sounds like in the very least there will be limited hours for unpaid guests. That's a shame. We always enjoy the BWV community hall especially when it's raining.

Read it again....

Per the article, it will offer:

• A paid lounge access option that includes select food and beverages daily during specified morning and evening hours. The option will be available to entire travel parties for the duration of stay, based on availability for an added fee.
  • A variety of premium experiences with a participation fee.
  • Open time for members to visit the space to play family games, etc.

This is good.... now, does the property appear as "shared facility" under the dues this year for BRV or CCV?

Not eager to be on the hook for roof repairs for an up-charge rental facility.... :(.

They could make it a shared facility for dues, I suppose. But if it is paid by dues it cannot be restricted either.

It would be awkward at best, as I understand things, to add it retroactively to the BRV declarations, and i don't know that it can go into CCV. It is not there now, or else we'd know already because someone who read the whole thing would have pulled it out. And I am not sure you can add a facility with points associated to more than one declaration. So it would have to be like the pools and such if paid for via dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter