Reunion Station at Wilderness Lodge to Offer Paid Lounge Experience for DVC Members

I’m really curious about this. We are visiting January 11-16 — our first DVC stay! — and I’m wondering if it’ll be open. We are staying in a cabin and then a grand villa at CCV, so I would not pay for food/drinks, but I am interested in other experiences. We are bringing my parents, and my sister and her family— first WDW visit for all of them.

If anyone hears details on this, I’m all ears!

I’m really curious about this. We are visiting January 11-16 — our first DVC stay! — and I’m wondering if it’ll be open. We are staying in a cabin and then a grand villa at CCV, so I would not pay for food/drinks, but I am interested in other experiences. We are bringing my parents, and my sister and her family— first WDW visit for all of them.

No activity, room is bare and vacant.

:earsboy: Bill

This seems so weird to me. If they were going to do concierge then why not combine with WL just like they did for AKV? AKV concierge is nice because it's in your building, just short walk from the room.

This seems so weird to me. If they were going to do concierge then why not combine with WL just like they did for AKV? AKV concierge is nice because it's in your building, just short walk from the room.

I think, and this is just my thought and not something I have evidence for, it is because they regret having committed to 50 years of the amenity at AKV, even though it is not on many units and if they had to absorb points elsewhere it probably would not be a massive reallocation.

But linking DVC to a resort-side amenity with points is a commitment a shared resource (dues paid) or something like this (cash pay) is not. Will Club Level exist for length of contract? Will it cost the same in contract with AKL as a shared resource? Will it change to something else? Who knows! That kind of shift is not planned 40 years out. When it's shared amenity or cash pay, it's easier to adjust things than with a point commitment.

TOTW is part of the association but I am not sure that there are specific points there, or if the lease there accounts for them.

Last edited:

Ahhh DD is a teen now and had many a good night at the cubs den, as well as the other kids clubs. Sorry to see that go. My DD is an only child and enjoyed an hour or 2 there while we had a nice dinner.

As for this new space....gonna have to be amazing! Maybe useful for checki1n check out day? If showers like Aulani?
Don’t know size of space...
But I am excited to see what they offer, I haven’t been “home” since this whole “ boulder creek nonsense”;-)so I hope I am not disappointed.
Thanks
Kerri
I think young families liked the availability to allow adults to have a save place for youngsters while they dine. Too bad it’s gone.

I think, and this is just my thought and not something I have evidence for, it is because they regret having committed to 50 years of the amenity at AKV, even though it is not on many units and if they had to absorb points elsewhere it probably would not be a massive reallocation.

But linking DVC to a resort-side amenity with points is a commitment a shared resource (dues paid) or something like this (cash pay) is not. Will Club Level exist for length of contract? Will it cost the same in contract with AKL as a shared resource? Will it change to something else? Who knows! That kind of shift is not planned 40 years out. When it's shared amenity or cash pay, it's easier to adjust things than with a point commitment.

TOTW is part of the association but I am not sure that there are specific points there, or if the lease there accounts for them.

I was thinking a bit more of just utilizing the existing Concierge lounge at WL vs staffing a second one that will depend on people adding on the option. So still the same sort of model - it wouldn't have to be tied to rooms.

Sounds awesome! I hope it has things like Aulani’s connuntiy room plus food and beverage. Aulani has paid family activities as well as some free ones. Some get orettt spendy but all are quality and run a wide range of age appeal.

I thought they said at the annual meeting that it was opening later on in 2018, not right away.

so not a community hall at all like we thought. Not happy about this.
I completely agree. Have paid plenty in points and dues over the years and seriously question that I might have to pay extra to play ping pong.

I completely agree. Have paid plenty in points and dues over the years and seriously question that I might have to pay extra to play ping pong.
They have outdoor games already in the open area next to GP, and those are free and open to all, I believe. Based on what little I've heard coming out of the recent owners' meeting, RS will have some hours when it's more of a community center and then those times when it will be a fee-based event, such as a wine tasting or photography class. However, I agree that I've no intention on paying extra fees for anything at this time.

Knowing the price of Membership Magic items (I'm looking at you $250 Animal Kingdom tour plus park ticket, but hey you get some bottles of water ), I have a fear this will be a ridiculously priced money making scheme.
What would be really nice is if they did it at cost- a members service in the truest sense.
What I suspect we will get is circa $50-80 per person, per night.

Now that it's been mentioned in passing, I think the comparison to Aulani may be the thing to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter