reusing disposable masks

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
I've read about people reusing their disposable masks by letting them air out, spray/soak in ethyl alcohol, put in zip lock bags, etc... Think that really works? If so, can do this indefinitely?

I reuse mine, I'm not throwing it away after only wearing it briefly.
I have reusable ones but I prefer the disposable in the hot humid weather because they are lighter.
If I was out working and wearing it for 8 hours I'd not re-use it but for just running to the grocery store once a week I have no problem doing it.

I've read about people reusing their disposable masks by letting them air out, spray/soak in ethyl alcohol, put in zip lock bags, etc... Think that really works? If so, can do this indefinitely?

I personally wouldn't reuse one.

I have some of the surgical disposable masks - and I have washed them in the washing machine in hot water with laundry soap - just like regular laundry - and they come out fine. Now - I do put them in a mesh laundry bag. I'm not sure all of them can be washed and hold up - or how many times - but so far, so good.

After one wash - I handed a new one and a washed one to my partner - and he could not tell the difference between them.

I’ll reuse them for one day and then toss them. I’m a nurse. They start breaking down after quite a few hours . We’re to wear them for one shift but if I get sweaty we have to change them mid day. So I do the same for my personal mask. Wear them for about one day and then toss. Same thing with cloth masks. We use one a day and then put them in the hamper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter