Reusing Old Magic Bands

Just to clarify-if I have 5 active magic bands per person (some since 2015)-as long as they all say active and we all have our tickets in MDE app, there is nothing else we need to do to use the old magic bands to get into the parks. Ie, I do not have to link the new park tickets to a band (yes, I read through this thread but wanted to confirm) and can take any active magic band (as long as they match up to the correct person?). Thank you!
Correct. The only thing that might not work is long-range stuff that requires a not-dead battery. Think automatic linking of ride photos or the thing at the end of It's a Small World where they show your name on the "goodbye" boards.

The tickets attach to your profile, and the bands attach to your profile. The tickets don't need to attach to the bands.

Correct. The only thing that might not work is long-range stuff that requires a not-dead battery. Think automatic linking of ride photos or the thing at the end of It's a Small World where they show your name on the "goodbye" boards.

The tickets attach to your profile, and the bands attach to your profile. The tickets don't need to attach to the bands.
Even though we've always bought new MBs (whatever the current model of the day was), I finally got to see my name at the end of Small World last fall, every time we rode it!! Not sure if it's because we had MB+ or if they just got the thing to work better. But I always want my ride photos and always take a new band. I'm crazy, I do realize 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter