Rewards apps?

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
Hey there! So I see a lot of discussions about apps that give you rewards for going to stores, shopping at certain ones, app couponing etc. What are your favs? What actually pays off? I'm not a huge shopper, but if I can earn a little extra that would be great.
Let me preface this by saying that at one point I was a mad couponer and would spend hours working those deals. That's not who I am anymore, the kids are out of the house, our needs are more simple, and my time more important to me. So if I need to put in a lot of time to earn $10 I just don't think it's for me. Totally respect anyone else who does it, your time and energy are yours! I'm just trying to see what really seems worth the effort to people.
Thanks guys!

Ibotta is the easiest given the payout IMO. Scan the item, scan the receipt. I use it for online purchases too which is easy & a solid money maker. Edited to add: I also couponed in a previous life but decided my time was more valuable... Ibotta & Walmart savings catcher are really the only apps I use (other than Groupon) because the others seem to labor intensive.

Hey there! So I see a lot of discussions about apps that give you rewards for going to stores, shopping at certain ones, app couponing etc. What are your favs? What actually pays off? I'm not a huge shopper, but if I can earn a little extra that would be great.
Let me preface this by saying that at one point I was a mad couponer and would spend hours working those deals. That's not who I am anymore, the kids are out of the house, our needs are more simple, and my time more important to me. So if I need to put in a lot of time to earn $10 I just don't think it's for me. Totally respect anyone else who does it, your time and energy are yours! I'm just trying to see what really seems worth the effort to people.
Thanks guys!
Shopkick - "kicks" (points) for walking into a store, scanning specific items and making purchases of featured products. Also pays when you make any purchase at select stores if you use a linked CC or have the cashier scan the code on your phone. Pays in e-gift cards.

Checkpoints - similar to Shopkick but also rewards for "checking in" when near one of the participating businesses. Has the option to watch videos, download apps and answer surveys to earn additional points. Slow earner for me because I'm not out and about every day and I can earn more at home by dedicating my devices for other apps. Pays in e-GCs and PayPal.

Checkout 51, iBotta - both pay cash when you purchase certain items and scan your receipt. Must make your purchase at participating stores.

Savingstar - rewards in cash rebates for purchases of select items made at participating stores. Must "add" the item to your account on their website or app before making the purchase. Proof of purchase is verified by linking frequent buyer card to your account or scanning receipt.

Perk - a collection of apps that can be run on smart phones as well as two websites that can run video ads for points. Watch videos, answer surverys, do sign ups, download apps for Perk Points. Pays in e-GCs, PayPal or on their "Perk Plastic" debit card. Relatively passive earner but you need a number of working smart devices to earn quickly.

EarnHoney - apps and website. Pays to watch videos, play game, answer surveys, do sign ups. Almost completely passive when watching videos (needs to be reset maybe once or twice a day for me). Pays in Amazon GCs or PayPal cash. Currently offering their own pre-paid Visa card to select members.

Of all of them, Perk is my best earner ($25-$50 per week), followed by EH ($5-$10 per week).

I only use Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal now because you just scan your receipts and don't have to buy anything specific. I don't buy mainstream products except toilet paper so most of the apps don't work out well for me. All of the food/household/hygeine products I buy are organic natural brands which don't have affiliations with the apps.

Ibotta is the easiest given the payout IMO. Scan the item, scan the receipt. I use it for online purchases too which is easy & a solid money maker. Edited to add: I also couponed in a previous life but decided my time was more valuable... Ibotta & Walmart savings catcher are really the only apps I use (other than Groupon) because the others seem to labor intensive.

Signed up for Ibotta and saved about $8 at the grocery store today, $1.35 on an amazon purchase and a $10 sign on bonus, and it's been pretty pain free. Will have to really look for the rebates and make sure I am catching them all. Should save me a bit of $$ How do you get your $$ in gc's? cash?

Signed up for Ibotta and saved about $8 at the grocery store today, $1.35 on an amazon purchase and a $10 sign on bonus, and it's been pretty pain free. Will have to really look for the rebates and make sure I am catching them all. Should save me a bit of $$ How do you get your $$ in gc's? cash?

Once you hit $20, you can cash out to a gift card or Paypal. I always do Paypal.

I like to cash out to PayPal (cash to my bank acct)

One more question. Can I do the rebate more than once?. I understand that there is a limit Per shopping trip. Like I bought the halo ice cream and you could do that two times. Was it two times only or can I do it two more on my next shopping trip on a different day ?

Sometimes the offers have limits - once you submit your receipt it will show on your account if you can do the offer again. Sometimes it is limited but the offer comes back the next week.

If you do Ibotta check out Checkout51 - they have many of the same offers, so from one receipt you can get rebates on both apps. I also do receipt Hog and Receipt Pal since those 2 are super easy - just take a photo of the receipt and done. Pal and Hog also take other receipts, like restaurants, gas stations etc. Pal also does online purchases, you just forward the receipt to them.

I use the following apps:

• Shopkick
  • Checkout 51
  • iBotta
  • SavingStar
  • Walmart- for the Savings Catcher feature found within their app. Click on the piggy bank icon within their app, upload your Walmart receipt and it will check stores within a set radius to find a lower price. If one is found it will place the difference in your account. I don;t know how easy the redemption process is as I have not yet cashed mine out. I find that it is slow to accumulate, but that could be because I don;t shop there too frequently and for the first few years that I had he app I lived in a rural area with no competitor stores that they counted.
  • Ebates- for online shopping. You get a % back from your qualifying purchases. Purchases must be made fro the ebates page link. Very simple. Rebate checks are mailed a few times a year. We typically use it when purchasing travel.

There are so many apps, I use a handful:

Ibotta is the fastest to earn money I've found

Shopkick is great because you can just walk in the store and get points, or scan items without having to buy them

Mobi Save is also great it's like Ibotta but money goes directly into your paypal and if you look sometimes they have offers where the rebate is the full value of the product. I got free conditioner last week and made $8 can't beat that.

Bing rewards is super easy, you get points for searching online or mobile they also have weekly quizzes (4 questions) and its free you can redeem for gift cards.

Paribus is a new one it connects to your email so when you shop online it scans around if the product becomes cheaper they give you a rebate automatically. It's a real easy one.

If you wear New Balance the new balance rewards gives you points for walking and you can earn discounts on shoes.

Swagbucks takes a little effort but you can sign up for spam email offers and earn a lot there. I recommend creating a separate email account for it that way it doesn't flood your email with spam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter