Ride/Attraction question

A FLAMING PANDA HEAD!!! I think I really really need to see that :-)

I really think it's a very fun ride and I can see it being nauseating for some. Universal has the freedom to be a little more mature with it's humor because it doesn't have to maintain a 'squeaky clean' image.

The Simpsons ride really gets me.
Not sure why because I usually like simulator rides...
I love The Simpson's ride - but it's one of those 'maximum of once per day' rides. It jerks you around so much and I think the video may be slightly off from the motion or something.

I have to wear a Scop patch to do a lot of the rides and it struggles to keep up with The Simpsons lol. We usually plan on taking a break after we ride it.

I think mission space is by the far the most nauseating ride at Disney and Universal. If you don't mind that, all the other rides are okay. If you close your eyes through Forbidden Journey, you realize that the bench does not actually move that much; the projections and animatronics give you the illusion of much more movement. Escape from Gringotts is not a thrill coaster either. There is one smallish drop near the beginning, but the rest of the ride is again more about simulated motion.

Dr Doom is more like an inverted Tower of Terror to my mind; the thrill comes from being launched upwards at speed since there is not really a drop sequence. Once the initial launch is over, the car descends reasonably slowly giving you some nice views of the parks and surrounding area.

You are pretty much guaranteed to get soaked on Universal's water rides whereas Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids tend to get you a bit damp sometimes. I like getting soaked so I prefer Universal's rides more.

We will be at Universal next week and had a question about the ride. I can ride every ride at WDW. But I do not like Tower of Terror or spinning rides. I am fine with the 3-d rides too. Are there any rides I should avoid? I know I might not want to ride Hulk, but will I be ok with the Harry Potter ride?

Be sure to come back and tell us about your experience!

You are pretty much guaranteed to get soaked on Universal's water rides whereas Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids tend to get you a bit damp sometimes. I like getting soaked so I prefer Universal's rides more.

I actually got soaked down to my underwear riding Kali! Worse than Bilge Rats!

My son told me Flight of Fear at Kings Island was like Rock-n-roller coaster at Disney studio, then teased me about cussing in the middle of the ride
Are you talking about the Twilight Zone Flight of Fear? If so, I rode the Kings Dominion version years ago before it was removed. I loved the ride but hated the headrests...it felt like an elephant had been using my head as a basketball. The next time I rode it the headrests had been changed and the ride was outstanding. Then they closed it and it was gone.

I suppose it's somewhat random how wet you get, but I've never been soaked on KRR. The wettest I got was on Ripsaw Falls when the water hit us in a wave that came into the log and then all the water jets at the end of the ride before the exit were on and drenched the log again.

I suppose it's somewhat random how wet you get, but I've never been soaked on KRR. The wettest I got was on Ripsaw Falls when the water hit us in a wave that came into the log and then all the water jets at the end of the ride before the exit were on and drenched the log again.

It is random. My DD and I were at AK very early and went to KRR first. We rode once and barely a drop. When we got the exit there was not a line yet and a couple in the raft said, "You have to keep riding til you get wet" So the CM let us stay on. BIG MISTAKE! We hit the wave at the bottom of the drop just perfect to totally soak us both. I had water dripping off my sunglasses! It was a warm day so not a big issue. The same trip we rode JTTA at SeaWorld and ended up in the front of the boat and the same thing happened! A full wave right over the front! It's fun on a warm day. I love Ripsaw Falls!

FJ makes me sick! The simpsons isn't great either. Hulk is fine.

FJ is the only ride that makes me want to hurl. By the end I was green.

When it comes to rides I tend to have a very strong constitution. There are very few rides that make me sick. One is a ride I've always called The Rotor. You stand in a cylindar, the thing spins, and you're stuck to the wall. THAT makes me ill, especially if I look up. Also, there's the Sky Screamer, which is flying swings. But it's flying swings 100 feet in the air.. I think that one makes me ill because the idea of my big butt being held by 4 thin chains attached to a chair doesn't fill me with confidence.

That being said, there's nothing at UO that makes me nauseous. The first time I rode FJ (when it first opened), I got close to having a headache. However, when I rode it last year in California, I had no problems. There's also something about the Hulk that rides the line between extreme and nausea.

I'd echo that - The Simpsons is the one ride that I get motion sick on, so if you are susceptible you might want to give that one a miss.

100% agree. Back to the Future was my favorite ride and I usually have no problem with simulators. Simpsons just made my whole family sick to our stomachs. Had to sit down for a while after that ride and every simulator after that affected me.

I don't know. It's worse than Star Tours but Mission Space is pretty bad. Just the g force concept lends itself to motion sickness.

It still doesn't touch the nausea factor of the old Body Wars in Epcot's Life Pavilion...

Are you talking about the Twilight Zone Flight of Fear? If so, I rode the Kings Dominion version years ago before it was removed. I loved the ride but hated the headrests...it felt like an elephant had been using my head as a basketball. The next time I rode it the headrests had been changed and the ride was outstanding. Then they closed it and it was gone.
This one was called Outer Limits Flight of Fear first. It goes 0 to 54 mph in less than four seconds. I like indoor coasters since I can't see how high off the ground I am.

We are back (mom/me age 50, Dad age 51, twin 17-year-old sons
Here is what I rode and my thoughts
First thing - Express Passes are AWESOME. We were able to ride everything we wanted to ride. - We did not do the water rides, no one really felt like being wet.
Islands of Adventure had the early entry so we started at Hogsmeade each morning
Day one
Flight of the Hippogriff - liked by all
Forbidden Journey - rode at least twice - Loved it
Dragon Challenge - rode by dad and one twin - they both liked it
Spiderman and Kong - both good
Poseidon's Fury - just ok
and the boys/dad rode Hulk
Seuss Trolley Ride - this was cute for the older Dr. Seuss fans, twins not so much
Hogwarts Express - twice
Rip Ride Rock it - dad and one twin, I rode Mummy with the other
Race through New York - ok
Escape from Gringott's - loved it
Day two
Flight of the Hippogriff - liked
Forbidden Journey - rode at least twice - the line was shorter later in the day
Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley - WE Love Diagon Alley
We did Olivander in both sides.
Transformers - I did not like this one, it did make me a bit motion sick
Mummy - ok
Simpson's - glad I rode it ONCE
Men in Black - rode twice and I had high score
ET - cute
Make Up show - this was really fun
Minions - cute, but this ride made me have a headache
Shrek - I sat this one out, I was a bit tired of all the rides being simulations and needed a break.

We did have rain - so that slowed us down in the afternoon and on day 2 we went over to Toothsome for supper.
We ate at The Three Broomsticks one day and the Leaky Cauldron the other and liked both.

Thanks for all the advice.

This one was called Outer Limits Flight of Fear first. It goes 0 to 54 mph in less than four seconds. I like indoor coasters since I can't see how high off the ground I am.
Yeah that's it...I loved that coaster...once they fixed the headrests. But alas...it went away.

Yeah that's it...I loved that coaster...once they fixed the headrests. But alas...it went away.

Outer Limits Flight of Fear was AWESOME... it was like one big knot of coaster track inside a building. By the time it was over, I didn't know which way was up. We went one year and had to wait because the park was so not crowded they couldn't get enough people to launch the train. (It had to have a minimum of 8 riders or it would go too fast)

Last edited:
I'm good on most of the rides, but my fiance can handle most of the spinning rides and can get a bit nauseuous from them and some simulators. Our son can get the same way too. They both took Dramamine and my fiance wore Sea Bands and they were fine on everything except Simpsons (we did not go on Desbicable Me either). I love the Simpsons though so its pretty much a must ride for me but I can see how it can be nauseating. I'd recommend leaving it for your last ride of the day. It is a lot of fun and has some good humor, and if you are Simpsons fans woudl say it's about a must ride, but do it at the end of teh day so if it does make you feel a bit nauseus it won't ruint he rest of your day and you can go back and relax in your room afterward.

I'd echo that - The Simpsons is the one ride that I get motion sick on, so if you are susceptible you might want to give that one a miss.
Have you ridden the Jimmy Fallon ride? I get so sick on Simpsons and anything that spins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!