Ride restrictions with a leg brace on?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
DH will be wearing a leg brace on our trip next week while he recovers from an injured ligament in his knee. He has full range of motion and can walk normally. He doesn't anticipate any issues with rides, but I wanted to inquire whether he'd be prohibited from going on any of the rides? Will anyone stop him about the brace? Thanks!

It might depend if it is a hard or soft brace. I have a knee brace that is like wet suit material, but some have hard, metal components. A soft brace should not be an issue, but the metal detectors might go off on some rides.

It might depend if it is a hard or soft brace. I have a knee brace that is like wet suit material, but some have hard, metal components. A soft brace should not be an issue, but the metal detectors might go off on some rides.

Good point. It's a hard brace with metal hinge type things on it, so I suspect it would set off a metal detector. I wonder if anyone has experience with something like this and whether they were permitted to ride?

Good point. It's a hard brace with metal hinge type things on it, so I suspect it would set off a metal detector. I wonder if anyone has experience with something like this and whether they were permitted to ride?

nkereina........the old Universal website had info on such things. I just looked the accessibility info and it doesn't mention braces anymore.

This new website is awful. Hope someone can answer you.........

he can ride as long as it does not interfere with the ride seating.

those coming into the park do not go thru a metal detector.
the wanding is done at the hotels prior to getting on the water taxi

if you walk to the parks from a walking path, there is a stop point to be checked.

think it would be obvious the metal detector goes off as they can see his brace has metal in the hinge.

my metal is inside the body but have the transplant card to carry for the parks.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/files/Documents/universal-orlando-riders-guide.pdf

Guests with casts, braces, or walking boots on their extremities will be restricted from riding Dragon ChallengeTM and
The Incredible Hulk Coaster®, where the cast or brace may present a hazard to the guest or others. Casts or braces, where permitted, must fit comfortably in the ride vehicle and not interfere with proper functioning of ride restraint. If in doubt about your ability to safely experience a ride, please consult with a ride attendant or Guest Services for further information.

Since dueling dragons has bit the dust that only leaves one ride at ioa the person has to take a pass on

I wore a knee brace and didn't have any issues with the rides. It did set the metal detector off and the guy just checked my brace and let me go....no issues. I didn't ride Hulk Coaster as it wasn't open yet when I went.

One question on Hulk and Dragon Challenge. DH is able to remove his brace and it's small enough where we can store it in a locker. That said, he's not supposed to bend his knee a full 90 degrees. Is it at all possible to keep one leg outstretched on either Dragon Challenge or Hulk? Or does gravity pull your legs in on Dragon Challenge? This will be our last opportunity to ride DC with it closing on the 4th. Thanks again for all the help!

One question on Hulk and Dragon Challenge. DH is able to remove his brace and it's small enough where we can store it in a locker. That said, he's not supposed to bend his knee a full 90 degrees. Is it at all possible to keep one leg outstretched on either Dragon Challenge or Hulk? Or does gravity pull your legs in on Dragon Challenge? This will be our last opportunity to ride DC with it closing on the 4th. Thanks again for all the help!

Would have to say no.

Hulk, your feet are in a car, but would be difficult to keep any leg straight the whole time. But Dragon Challenge would be impossible to keep his leg straight. There's quite a strong pull on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!